The Expert will work with UNDP, under the direct coordination of the Unidade Técnica de Ozono (OTO) of Colombia,, also supervising and guiding any Local Experts serving the country, by carrying out the following activities:
- Settle the test burn plans at ODS (and/or hazardous waste facilities); Follow up the tests and consolidate the results;
- Under the request of the Government of Colombia, review the regulatory framework established and verify its implications to the technical assistance component;
- Verify the feasibility of implementation of other disposal technologies;
- Prepare the final report of the Destruction projects, as per the ExCom requirements;
- Provide technical assistance (TA) for the implementation of an Extended Produucer Responsibility (EPR); programme related with e-waste/domestic equipment waste;
- Provide advice and assistance in the development and implementation of the above programme intended to capture and finance large quantities of ODS from the refrigeration sector;
- Other relevant support technical and support services related to the above mentioned area(s) as may be requested from time to time over the term of the agreements.
Expected activities, days of work and missions during the validity of the Framework Agreement
Colombia: Technical Assistance of up to 95 days of work for the fulfillment of the expected activities:
- Preparation TORs, revision of guidelines, guidance on test burns;
- Support on preparation of collection/storage/disposal plan;
- Audit/Verification of activities undertaken on Stages 1 and 2;
- Evaluate destruction technologies;
- Technical Assistance for EPR programme, ODS screening and Standards;
- Final Review and closure of the project.
Mission to Bogotá: 5 days expected for November 2013.
Mission to Bogotá and Barranquilla: 5 days expected for March 2014.
Mission to Bogotá: 5 days expected for November 2014.
Mission to Bogotá: 3 days expected for February 2015.
Mission to Bogotá: 3 days expected for July 2015.
The consultant will receive the payments based in daily fees.
The candidate is expected to quote his services based on a per diem amount basis, and this quotation shall include all travel costs needed to the attendance of the tentative missions and the activities listed below.
Missions not foreseen shall be paid to the Expert as per IC Rules and Principles.
A Best value for Money approach will be used in the evaluation of the applicants, and will lead to a combined score for technical capabilities and the financial offer.
The short listed candidates, based on their technical capabilities, will receive the standard format that they must fill out to submit their financial offer.