|Overview : |
The specialty of HI system management in Kazakhstan is an insufficient consistency in its reforming approach as well as available cross and inner subsidization of utility services costs in the sector. All these hinder the investments leverage in HI and slow down the process of sector reformation, including application of PPP mechanism and private investments. In these conditions it is essential to engage the local and international experts advices. The analysis of housing infrastructure management experience (hereinafter as HI) shows that utility services and everything connected with the housing needs to be considered as of a vital importance, indirectly impacting people’s mood, behavior and work capacity. In this connection, it is especially important to provide the adequate comfortable conditions for living in small settlements to prevent negative trends in the society caused by difficult living conditions and social economic situation. This is the today’s concern. On the basis of the best practices, it is clear that the quality of utility services, provision of energy efficiency and energy saving in the HI, development of new technologies in this vitally important sector depends, mainly, on a correctly established management of life-support systems, including organization of management for sector reformation (e.g., control for renovations in the multi-story residential buildings, etc.). Within one of Project Components, the UNDP\RK Government Project is planned to develop and test such an institutional and financial model on reforming and managing the subsequent sustainable HU in Prigorodnyi settlement. That will provide a subsequent sustainable management of renovated HI in the settlement including a stage-by-stage reduction/liquidation of subsidies from local budget for covering the resources losses, expenses in the HI sector, and development of relevant service company for sustainable maintenance of HI in the settlement. The engaged international consulting company will prepare a brief review of relevant international practices and provide assistance to the national consulting company in development of main trends and recommendations for improvement of renovation and management process in the HI taking into account a specific nature of small settlements.
To prepare a review of the best international practices in the framework of renovation of HI and reformation of management system taking into account a specific nature of small settlements, to propose recommendations to enforce the proven approaches, methods and ways for conditions of the Republic of Kazakhstan (considering the Plans and Program for HI renovation and development which have been implemented in the country); jointly with national consulting company to develop the recommendations on organization of renovation process and further efficient management in HI of small settlements in order to provide a promotion of energy and resource saving.
Scope of work:
- Preparation of review on the best international practices (e.g. the European, and also a positive experience of near-abroad countries) in the process of HI renovation and reformation of management system taking into account a specific nature of small settlements and including the recommendations on enforcement of proven approaches, methods and ways for conditions of the Republic of Kazakhstan (considering the Plans and Program for HI renovation and development which have been implemented in the country). This review must comprise of positive practices on organization and conduction of renovations with energy saving measures in the multi-apartment residential buildings and an information about modernization of municipal infrastructure facilities,
- In cooperation with the national consulting company (will be engaged by the separate contract) to develop the recommendations on organization of renovation process and further efficient management in HI of small settlements in order to provide promotion of energy and resource saving,
- Participation in the Round Table to discuss the developed proposals and mechanisms for reformation and sustainable maintenance of HI in the small settlement.
As minimum 3 years of consulting experience in the field of housing infrastructure, development of municipal enterprises and services, municipal infrastructire,
Available valid licences, certificates and other documents, certifying the qualification if the company to render the engineering and consulting services in the requested fields will be a priority,
Work experience in the international projects in the field of modernization of housing infrastructure, municipal services, municipal infrastructure in the countries with tranzit economy,
Available qualified personnel with university degrees in the field of energy/housing infrastructure, economy, finances, with work experience not less tha n 5 years,
- *Requested to submit the documents certifying the qualification of personnel,
- List of rendered engineering and consulting services for the last three years in the field related to this study,
- References for the rendered services for the last two years,
- Copies of statutory documents
- Agrees the actions with and reports to Project Manager;
- Ensures timely and quality execution of the Terms of Reference;
- Ensures unconditional carrying out of requirements of the contract for professional services
The selection of the company will follow an open competitive process in line with UNDP procurement standards. The successful company would be required to enter into a standard UNDP Contract for professional services. The contract will be awarded according to the cumulative analysis scheme: proposal with the overall highest score after adding the score of the technical proposal and the financial proposal will be chosen