|Overview : |
The independent Evaluation Office of UNDP conducts thematic, programmatic and country-level evaluations to assess contributions made by UNDP to development at the global, regional and country levels. Currently the Evaluation Office is launching a series of thematic evaluations and is interested to hire three research assistants to support these efforts. These assignments will last for 6 months, with possible extensions. They will entail supporting the evaluation teams in the collection and analysis of data, and evaluation report drafting. These will be desk-based consulting assignments, working from the UNDP Evaluation Office in New York City.
The independent Evaluation Office of UNDP is currently working on the following evaluations, which the research assistants will be hired to support:
1. The impact of GEF and UNDP support to protected areas management (phase 2).
2. The impact of UNDP support to mine action
3. The contribution of UNDP human development reports (HDRs)
4. The role of UNDP in supporting national achievement of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs)
5. The joint GEF/UNDP Small Grants programme
6. An assessment of impacts of the Every Drop Matters programme
7. Assessment of Development Results in specific UNDP country programmes.
For more information, kindly refer to the attached Terms of Reference.
Interested parties may submit their applications via the UNDP Jobs website: http://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=41499