|Overview : |
TERMS OF REFERENCE
DETAILED COMPREHENSIVE BUILDING ASSESSMENT OF THE FORMER UN DISPENSARY BUILDING AT RUA C, PLOT N. 90, BAIRRO COOP, MAPUTO
The former UN Dispensary building has been in existence for the past 25 years, and occupies a total area of 5600 m2. The building is a 2-story load-bearing brick masonry structure with concrete iron columns and beams, with two distinct block/building linked to each other in U-shaped and connected together forming an enclosure with walkways and gardens.
The building is actual in use, and comprise the following spaces: 2 three-bedroom apartments; 6 two-bedroom apartments; 8 garages; 1 conference room; 1 small library; 1 IT and telecommunications room; security Post; external parking and gardens.
The Management of the UNDP Country Office would like to know the actual status of the main building elements (structure, arquitecture, electrical system, and hydraulic system), to ensure the efficient operation of the building as safe and sanitary, perpetually affordable housing and/or offices over an extended period of time. And determine the viability of ampliation/transformation of the buiding facility, considering the nature and physical condition of the building/structure, costs associated with bringing the building/structure into compliance with UN applicable standards/operations, general space of the building and plot, location and existence of any identified future need or use.
The purpose of this assignment is to procure consultancy services of a registered professional Civil Engineer or Architect to conduct a building engineering comprehensive assessment (structure, arquitecture, electrical system, and hydraulic system), to assess whether the building has conditions to be fully occupied by UN agencies and be fully operational, and what would be the key areas of intervention for such purpose.
3. SCOPE OF WORK
The scope of work to be carried out by the consultant shall include but may not be limited to the following:
- Carry out a collecting of the old project in Maputo Municipal Authority (Direcção de Construção e Urbanização);
- Conducting an engineering survey assessment (on site) and propose the best course of action as well as an estimated cost for the needful repairs.
- Conducting a comprehensive assessment and analysis of the building, available documents and information about structural system, architectural, envelope, windows & doors, interior & exterior finishes, mechanical system, electrical system and space, and identifying additional laboratory tests for comprehensive building analyses;
- Carry out the engineering laboratory tests, in an Mozambique accredited engineering laboratory;
- Determine the actual and potential structure condition of the building, considering the present and future need of full occupancy;
- Prepare a comprehensive building assessment engineering with recommendations on condition analysis for present and future need or use, where the recommended treatments/works a prioritized into a logical order. The order should rank the most urgent work, such as deterioration, structural weakness, and/or life safety issues, over less urgent repairs;
Consultant is expected to produce:
- A compiled comprehensive building assessment report, with term of responsibility signed and stamped by Ministry of Justice.
- Detailed clear recommendation report for the present use and for at least three different options for future use, with term of responsibility signed and stamped by Ministry of Justice.
UNDP will provide access to the property to enable the assignment to be carried out as well as all existing drawings (as-built), report of physical pathologies analysis of the building, report of market valuation of the apartments for rental and property, and proposed rehabilitation design for transformation the building in to offices.
Review these documents and any additional information that may be provided at a later date such as reports, studies, surveys, equipment manuals, as-built drawings, etc. The UNDP does not attest to the accuracy of the information provided and accepts no responsibility for the consequences of errors by the use of any information and material contained in the documentation provided. It shall be the responsibility of the Consultant to verify the contents and assume full responsibility for any determination or conclusion drawn from the material used. If the information provided is insufficient, the Consultant shall take the appropriate actions necessary to obtain the additional information required.
6. FORM OF SERVICE AGREEMENT
UNDP Professional Services Contract (annex)
UNDP has the right to supervise all the works and to approve the plan of operation, work methodology and progress of the work. UNDP also has the right to accept and reject the results of the work, if the quality assurance during data collection was not observed.
The candidate should have:
- A university degree in Civil Engineer or Architecture;
- Ten years (10) relevant civil engineering experience;
- At least Five years (5) of experience in construction, construction management, construction design, assessment and analyses, construction administration for civil works;
- Experience interpreting design documents, specifications, and blueprints as well as quality standards, health and safety procedures;
- Experience in the planning and supervision of both new-build and refurbishment construction projects;
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative building research methods;
- Technical knowledge on the design of more than 2-story load building.
- Knowledge of relevant national and international construction standards as seismic, strong wind, flood and natural hazards, to promote safe construction practices and ensure high quality constructions.
- Knowledge of the UN system and of public procurement procedures beneficial
- Qualification / experience in health and safety and Quality Assurance / Control.
- Computer literate including the use of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office (MS Word and Excel and Project).
- Technical competence in writing in the English language including preparation of reports
- Ability to meet deadlines, problem solve, work both independently and as part of a team;
- Possess substantial knowledge of principles and techniques of personnel supervision and ability to work closely with all disciplines.
- Professional License and knowledge of Green Building principals and technologies is preferred, is advantage.
8. DURATION OF THE WORK
The consultancy is expected to be undertaken by 20 February 2017, within a working timeframe of 4 weeks for the above mentioned task. The consultant will evaluate and capitalize on the existing on-the-ground social dynamics. Furthermore, the consultant is expected to participate actively in the forthcoming discussions during assessment.
9. DUTY STATION
The consultant will be based in Maputo, but with regular visit to UNDP office for discussions with the designated officer. The sub-contractor of consultant may have to go project site for data collection phase, at his/her own cost included in the budget fee for the work.
10. SCOPE OF BID PRICE AND SCHEDULE OF PAYMENTS
The fee for this consultancy will be based on lump sum, paid upon receipt of final deliverables.
The lump sum contract should include costs of consultancy fees and all travel costs required to produce the above deliverables. Payment will be made in two installments according to the ToR as per deliverables outlined above, and accepted by UNDP. His/her payment will be made against the following results:
1st installment 15%
After completion and submitting of inception report on assessment in situ
2nd installment 85%
After completion and submitting the result 1 and 2 of the outputs and sign responsibility certificate
11. EVALUATION CRITERIA
Documents to be included when submitting the proposal:
- Technical Proposal: (i) explaining why he/she is the most suitable candidate for the work; (ii) providing a brief methodology on how to approach and conduct the work; (iii) Provide a detailed work plan.
- CV including past experience in similar projects and at least 3 references.
- Detailed financial proposal, with lump sum offer and clear breakdown to include travel, consultancy fee, per diem, laboratory expenses and number of anticipated working days.
- Timing of answer/s
- Completed submission of the candidature (Technical Proposal, CVs, Detailed financial proposal).
Note: the financial proposal shall specify a total lump sum amount, and Payments are based upon output, i.e. upon delivery of the services specified in the ToR. In order to assist the requesting unit in the comparison of financial proposals, the financial proposal will include a breakdown of this lump sum amount. All envisaged travel costs and other costs must be included in the financial proposal. UNDP accept travel costs not exceeding of an economy class ticket.
Instructions for submissions:
Prepare a technical and financial proposal and deliver to the following address:
Av. Kenneth Kaunda, 921/931, Maputo – Moçambique. Deadline is the 17 February 2017, at 10:00am (local time)
Evaluation of proposals:
The candidates will be evaluated based on the cumulative analysis methodology, using weighted scoring method. The contract will be awarded to the consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
- Responsive/compliant/acceptable; and
b) Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation. Only candidates who score 70 points and above will be considered for the Financial Evaluation:
100 points total
1.1. Eligibility Criteria
(15 points in total)
- Relevance of Education/ Degree (PhD/ Master’s related to required field)
- Years of Relevant Experience (10 or more years of experience)
- National Experience (skills and knowledge for region context)
- Adequacy of Competencies for the Assignment/ CV evaluation
- Excellent English and Portuguese both written and spoken
1.2. Technical Evaluation Criteria
(50 points in total)
- Proposal meet objectives of Engineering evaluation and building analysis and knowledge
- Completed submission of the candidature (Technical Proposal, CVs, Detailed financial proposal)
- Set achievable targets
- Timing of answer/s
- Link with existing experiences/ Knowledge of institutional, policy and capacity analysis in the area in country
(35 points in total)