|Overview : |
On September 25, 2015, 193 countries adopted the Sustainable Development Agenda for 2030. The 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) aim to end extreme poverty, fight inequality and injustice and take action against climate change for the next 15 years.
To mark the celebration of the first anniversary of SDGs, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and Philippine Business for the Environment (PBE) launched an initiative that aims to provide Philippine companies a platform where they can communicate business initiatives that help achieve SDGs.
At a kick-off event held in Pasig City on 8 Septmber 2016, UNDP and PBE unveiled the SDGs online portal – http://sdgreport.thepbe.org – where Philippine companies can provide data and other information on their initiatives that contribute to the SDGs. The event was attended by major companies in the Philippines and the Government.
The portal asks for details on the background of companies’ initiatives and the ways in which these have impacted businesses and the society/environment, as well as other details of participating companies.
The information collected through the online portal will be analyzed, aggregated, and published by the PBE and UNDP, along with Philippine Business for Social Progress (PBSP) and Ateneo Institute of Sustainability (AIS) in a national publication, set to be released in the first quarter of 2017.
The portal and report aim to inspire businesses to take action. They will showcase how businesses are aligning their activities with the SDGs, creating value for shareholders and stakeholders alike. This will hopefully lead to new commercially oriented opportunities to scale up initiatives that have social impact; and result in the integration of private sector development outputs into the government’s national reporting of progress towards SDGs.
Objectives and Deliverables
The consultant will closely work with UNDP and PBE, along with other project partners, to discuss key findings from analysis of data submitted by participating companies. In close coordination with the project team, the consultant will lead the drafting and completion of the final publication.
Key Deliverables include:
- Aiding in conceptualization of theme and titles
- Aiding in determining the logical flow of the report given the project context, objectives, and collected data
- Writing and editing messages, articles, and stories for the report
- Aiding in developing ideas for infographics, charts and images that creatively convey key messages/data
- Drafting, proofreading, and completing the final content of the publication (about 100 pages)
- Aiding in the completion of a standard presentation for the private sector, the Government, and development partners
- Accompanying UNDP and PBE during face-to-face interviews with select companies if necessary.
Each article, story, or message will be subjected to a maximum of two (2) revisions before signing off from UNDP and PBE.
During the engagement, the Consultant shall report directly to and under the guidance of the Head of the Management Support Unit, and working closely with the UNDP consultant for SDGs and inclusive business and the PBE team. Where necessary, the Consultant may also be required to participate in meetings with implementing and/or development partners.
Duaration of Work
The Project is expected to last for 1.5 months starting mid-March 2017.
Qualifications of Successful Offeror
- Advanced degree in Communications, Journalism, Development or a similar field
- Minimum of three years of work experience at the national and/or international levels in report writing: submission of a writing sample will be requested;
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to integrate diverse quantitative and qualitative data as demonstrated by prior involvement in producing well thought-out written publications on business, economic, development, and social issues indicators and measurements;
- Works independently and also effectively within a team environment;
- Manages and delivers quality deliverables on time;
- Takes initiatives and works independently to carry out tasks and achieve results
- Good command of English language
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Scope of Price Proposal and Schedule of Payments
The Consultant will be requested to submit a financial proposal in full consideration of the services requested, which will be subject to UNDP evaluation. Final acceptance of each output by the MSU Head shall be required as basis for the disbursement of every corresponding payment.
- 20% - Upon submission and acceptance of annotated outline 7 days after the start of the project
- 50% - Upon submission and acceptance of draft report 25 days after the start of the project
- 30% - Upon submission and acceptance of Upon submission of final publication 20 days after the submission of draft report
Criteria for Selection of the Best Offer
A Combined Scoring method will be used in evaluating the offers received. The qualifications and methodology will be weighted 70%, and combined with the price offer which will be weighted 30%.
Recommended Presentation of Offer and Application Process
Applicants are requested to submit in one file the following documents to email@example.com.
- Duly accomplished Letter of Confirmation of Interest and Availability that indicates the all-inclusive lumpsum contract price, supported by a breakdown of costs, as per template provided; If an Offeror is employed by an organization/company/institution, and he/she expects his/her employer to charge a management fee in the process of releasing him/her to UNDP under Reimbursable Loan Agreement (RLA), the Offeror must indicate at this point, and ensure that all such costs are duly incorporated in the financial proposal submitted to UNDP;
- Personal CV or P11, indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate and at least three (3) professional references;
- At least two (2) writing samples
Application requirements should be emailed on or before 23 February 2017, close of business, Manila Time.
In view of the volume of applications UNDP receives, only shortlisted offerors will be notified.