|Overview : |
INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT PROCUREMENT NOTICE
Date: 10 April 2017
Description of the assignment: Capacity development in Result Based Management and Monitoring and Evaluation Consultant
Project name: “Achieving Kuwait 2035 Vision Towards Persons with Disability”
Period of assignment/services (if applicable): 10 weeks/ 50 working days
Proposal should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 24 April, 2017.
Any request for clarification must be sent in writing, or by standard electronic communication to the address or e-mail indicated above. Procurement Unit UNDP Kuwait will respond in writing or by standard electronic mail and will send written copies of the response, including an explanation of the query without identifying the source of inquiry, to all consultants.
This assignment is implemented within the framework of the Project: “Achieving Kuwait 2035 Vision Towards Persons with Disability (PWDs) Project”. The project is supported by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Kuwait office and implemented by the Public Authority for Disabled Affairs of Kuwait (PADA).
The project “Achieving Kuwait 2035 Vision Towards Persons with Disability” supports PADA to enhance its human capacities and organizational effectiveness towards achieving its mandate. It supports its efforts at integration of Persons with Disability in schools, employment and social life in partnership with Civil Society Organizations working for disabilities and supports it to ensure an inclusive physical environment for PWDs.
A consultant with experience in capacity building; Results-Based Management and Monitoring and Evaluation is required to support documentation, elaboration and monitoring of the development projects and provision of hands-on and training sessions to staff to be able to design and monitor their projects more effectively.
2. SCOPE OF WORK, RESPONSIBILITIES AND DESCRIPTION OF THE PROPOSED ANALYTICAL WORK
The purpose of this assignment is to support PADA’s Planning and Research Department in oversight and monitoring of PADA’s development projects. It will aim to achieve the following specific objectives:
1. Conduct a review of the PADA development projects to take stock of and document progress and achievements so far as well as identify challenges and gaps including in the M&E (15 days)
2. Work together with the staff responsible for the projects at various levels on elaboration of the design of the projects including indicators (20 days)
3. Develop staff capacity on monitoring and reporting on their development projects in line with requirements at PADA and the Kuwait National Development Plan (15 Days)
For detailed information, please refer to the Terms of Reference
3. REQUIREMENTS FOR EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
I. Academic Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in the social sciences field: social policy, public administration, public policy, public health, sociology, development studies.
II. Years of experience:
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in working in designing and/or monitoring and evaluation of development projects in government entities or international organizations;
- Demonstrated experience in capacity development and training on the project cycle, logical frameworks, Result Based Management and monitoring & evaluation (at least 3 years)
- Experience in one or more countries in the Arab Region (at least 3 years)
- Fluency in oral and written Arabic and English is a must.
- Excellent writing skills
- Demonstrated experience in working with participatory approaches
- Experience in GCC countries and Kuwait specifically
- Flexibility and adaptability to uncertain environments
- Ability to work independently and find solutions
- Political and cultural sensitivity
- Promoting ethics and integrity
- Gender sensitivity
- Team work and cooperation with colleagues
- Creating and promoting an enabling environment for open communication;
- Sharing knowledge and building a culture of knowledge sharing and learning.
4. DOCUMENTS TO BE INCLUDED WHEN SUBMITTING THE PROPOSALS.
Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications:
a) Duly accomplished Letter of Confirmation of Interest and Availability using the template provided by UNDP;
b) Personal CV OR P11, indicating all past experience from similar projects that shows how the candidate meets the above requirements, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate and at least three (3) professional referees;
c) The approach to the assignment (no more than 1000 words) and proposed timeframe for start and completion of the assignment
d) Samples of written work in English and Arabic
e) Signed Financial Proposal that indicates an all-inclusive Lump Sum Amount with a fixed total contract price, supported by a breakdown of costs, as per template provided. If an Offeror is employed by an organization/company/institution, and he/she expects his/her employer to charge a management fee in the process of releasing him/her to UNDP, the Offeror must indicate at this point, and ensure that all such costs are duly incorporated in the financial proposal submitted to UNDP. The consultant should be aware that the contract price is fixed regardless of changes in the cost components.
5. FINANCIAL PROPOSAL
The financial proposal shall specify a total lump sum amount, and payment terms around specific and measurable (qualitative and quantitative) deliverables. Payments are based upon output, i.e. upon delivery of the services specified in the TOR. The financial proposal will include a breakdown of this lump sum amount (including travel, per diems, and number of anticipated working days).
Travel: All envisaged travel costs must be included in the financial proposal.
Individual consultants will be evaluated based on lowest price and technically compliant offer
The award of a contract should be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as both:
a) responsive/compliant/acceptable, and
b) offering the lowest price/cost
“responsive/compliant/acceptable” can be defined as fully meeting the TOR provided.
· Failure to submit all the above requirements render the offer ineligible for any evaluation
· Failure to meet fluency in both English and Arabic render the offer ineligible
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points out of 70 in the Technical Evaluation would be considered for the Financial Evaluation
Master’s degree in the social sciences field: social policy, public administration, public policy, public health, sociology, development studies.
Minimum of 8 years’ experience in working in designing and/or monitoring and evaluation of development projects in government entities or international organizations
For each additional year of experience – 1 point, but no more 5 points in total
Demonstrated experience in capacity development and training on the project cycle, logical frameworks, Result Based Management and monitoring & evaluation (at least 3 years)
For each additional year of experience – 1 point, but no more 2 points in total
Experience in one or more countries in the Arab Region (at least 3 years)
For each additional year of experience – 0,5 point, but no more 1 points in total
Approach to the assignment with clear timeframe presented