|Overview : |
INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT PROCUREMENT NOTICE
2017/PROC/UNDP-MMR/PN/031 Date: April 18, 2017
Description of the assignment: Graphic Designer
Period of assignment: 41 working days, 1 May 2017 to 26 June 2017
Duty Station: Home Based
Type of contract: IC contract
Proposal should be submitted to email@example.com no later than 26 April 2017.
Any request for clarification must be sent in writing, or by standard electronic communication to the address or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org . Procurement Unit will respond in writing or by standard electronic mail and will send written copies of the response, including an explanation of the query without identifying the source of inquiry, to all consultants.
UNDP’s work in democratic governance supports policy and governance changes based on evidence from grass-roots level experiences along with international standards and comparative experiences. With the support of government counterparts, UNDP has carried out an access to justice mapping and informal justice systems study in Rakhine, Kachin, Shan and Yangon from November 2015 to June 2016.
The main objectives of the research are to identify challenges and opportunities for promoting access to justice and to have a better understanding of people’s perception of justice and priority needs. Moreover, it has a focus on looking at informal justice mechanisms in the communities that people avail themselves of, including how these non-formal systems operate (including any interface with the formal system), how people navigate them, and when people turn to them.
The study seeks to answer the following key questions:
- What are the local justice issues and priority justice needs?
- How do people make decisions when they seek to access justice? How do they navigate between formal and informal systems? What are the main challenges they face and the factors affecting their choices?
- What are people’s perceptions of the formal justice sector and the informal systems of dispute resolution?
- What are the key challenges facing the government with regards to justice sector planning and coordination?
The field work has been completed and the reports are being reviewed and finalized. The reports will be shared with the government and a wider audience without in-depth knowledge of justice issues.
- Objectives of the Assignment
The objectives of this assignment are to support the UNDP Myanmar to develop layout, design and, cover of 5 reports of the Access to Justice Mapping and Informal Justice Systems Study – both in English & Myanmar versions.
- Scope of Work
The consultant will focus on the following scope of work:
Produce design and layout for the reports:
- Cover design;
- Layout design;
- Typography & Formatting;
- Color and branding
All reports under this contract will be incorporating both English and Myanmar characters and languages.
The consultant will ensure the following in producing the report:
- Ensure various materials have a cohesive but distinctive image according to purpose and content;
- Incorporate changes and content corrections that have been agreed upon by UNDP;
- Design and create illustrations, art-work, maps, tables, charts and other graphic elements as necessary;
- Adapt design and changes to different language versions (English & Myanmar);
- Suggest optimal formats (for print) and combinations of various multimedia elements (text, audio, video) for knowledge product type and target audience;
- Ensure formats are suitable for print and interactive/web-based versions;
- Work closely with UNDP to align with corporate branding/communications guidelines.
- Deliverables and Timelines
The deliverables will be reviewed and approved by the Programme Analyst, Rule of Law Output, UNDP.
Estimated page number of each report
Estimated Target Due Date
Consolidated Summary Report (English and Myanmar)
10 May 2017
Rakhine Report (English and Myanmar)
21 May 2017
Kachin Report (English and Myanmar)
5 June 2017
Shan Report (English and Myanmar)
16 June 2017
Yangon Report (English and Myanmar)
26 June 2017
- Institutional Arrangements
- Supervision: Programme Analyst, Democratic Governance
- Reporting: Written updates of progress via email, to the Programme Analyst, Rule of Law Output
- Duration of the Work
The duration of the assignment is up to 41 working days within a period of two months from 1 May to 26 June 2017.
- Duty Station
This assignment is home-based.
- Qualifications and competencies
- Degree in ICT, graphic design, or related field for this assignment
- At least 2 years of proven experience in graphic design for official materials and knowledge products;
- Show a clear and mature style of design with an understanding to implement in an official Government/UN setting;
- Portfolio should be provided (Samples of latest work from different projects/institutions including but not limited to design of logo, posters, brochures, books / reports, roll up banners, promotional materials, etc.)
- Previous similar experience(s) in Myanmar a strong advantage;
- High level of knowledge of graphic designing;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to propose designs that convey messages that are creative, compelling and generate the reflection on the topics covered.
- Solid and hands-on practical experience on graphic design;
- Fluent in English and Myanmar
- Timely delivery of products and attention to detail.
UNDP will use a combined scoring method, in which the technical proposal will be weighted at 70% and the financial proposal at 30%.
The technical review will be considered:
Qualifications (10 Points)
Degree in ICT, graphic design, or related field for this assignment
Experience (30 Points)
Proven experience in graphic design for official materials and knowledge products;
Show a clear and mature style of design with an understanding to implement in an official Government/UN setting;
Experiences in Myanmar and Local Context (20 Points)
Previous similar experience(s) in Myanmar
Language skills (English and Myanmar)
Quality of Previous Work (40 Points)
Quality of provided samples of latest work from different projects/ institutions including but not limited to design of logo, posters, brochures, books / reports, roll up banners, promotional materials, etc.
And It’s reputation and references.
ANNEX 1- TERMS OF REFERENCES (TOR)
ANNEX 2- GENERAL CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT
ANNEX 3- P-11 for ICs
ANNEX 4- Template for Confirmation of interest and Submission of Financial Proposal