|Overview : |
This is a Request for Information (RFI) from national and/or international CSOs/NGOs for potential partnership with UNDP in delivering outputs for ICBAAR projects requiring expertise and experience to enhance innovative livelihood options for the forest dependent climate vulnerbale coastal communities to reduce their climate vulnerability and dependency on forest resources.
To perform effectively, an NGO/CSO will support climate-resilient innovative livelihood activities to :
- Engage the forest dependent and climate vulnerable communities of the project sites by altering livelihood through innovative way considering the site suitability, climate vulnerability and dynamics of the coastal ecosystem.
- In the formation, functioning and capacity building of ‘Forest Resource Protection Group (FRPG)’ in the project area.
- In signing and implementing benefit sharing agreements between the Forest Department and Forest Resource Protection Group (FRPG).
- To increas knowledge, attitude and clear perception on climate change and community-based adaptation, importance of mangroves and coastal green-belt against climate change, co-manageement etc.
- Support to Forest Department and Co-management Committees to develop strong partnership for sustainable conservation and prorection of coastal mangroves.
Interested CSOs/NGOs are requested to fill out the two forms (Annex I and Annex II), attaching all supporting documentation where specifically requested. If you are an international NGO, please provide information and documentation relating to your permits and licenses for your local presence and operations in People's Republic of Bangladesh.
Please note that attachments should be provided to support each answer to the questions. All questions must be answered directly and clearly. Extraneous information that are not directly responding to the questions will only constrain the ability of UNDP to positively assess the CSO/NGO’s alignment with UNDP requirements.
CSOs/NGOs shall submit the questioners (RFI and CACHE) separately . Evaluation will be in two stages. Start by RFI followed by CACHE.
All CSOs/NGOs whose information are found to be consistent with UNDP programme needs will be considered for Capacity Assessment. Based on the results of this Capacity Assessment Checklist (CACHE), UNDP will determine if the CSO/NGO may or may not be placed on a roster, for rapid engagement when required.
A completed RFI with requested attachments must be submitted through online e-tendering system not later than 29 August 2018 4:30 pm Dhaka time.
For e-tendering submission kindly use the following link:
using your username and password. If you have not registered in the system before, you can register now by logging in using (Follow the registration steps as specified in the system user guide).
Bidder Registration and bid submission instructions are available in the following Youtube video link named as eTendering Resources for Bidders:
Pre – Proposal meeting
All interested CSOs/NGOs are requested to attend a Pre – proposal meeting to be held on
Time: 11.00 am (DHAKA TIME)
Date: Monday 13 August 2018
Venue: UNDP Office, IDB Bhaban, Sher-e-Bangla Dhaka
Only one (1) representative from each organization will be allowed to join the meeting.
N.B: The prospective bidders should carry Passport/ NID (with photographs) to access the IDB premise and cater for their own transport.