|Overview : |
Deadline for this Call is extended till 18/09/2018
PUBLIC CALL FOR PARTICIPATION OF A CIVIL SOCIETY REPRESENTATIVE IN EVALUATION COMMISSION OF CSO GRANT APPLICATIONS UNDER THE ReLOaD PROJECT IN THE MUNICIPALITES OF ISTOG/K, LIPJAN/LIPLJAN, AND VITI/VITINA
Overall objective of the ReLOaD project, funded by the EU and implemented by UNDP, is to strengthen participatory democracies and the EU integration process in the Western Balkans by empowering civil society to actively take part in decision making and by stimulating an enabling legal and financial environment for civil society.
The ReLOaD project works with five partners municipalities on adopting transparent, development-oriented and project-based approach to funding of Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) focusing on its citizens and their needs. It also offers a platform for networking, between public and CSO actors, within and across the participating areas in the Western Balkans to share the experience and lessons learned in providing better services to citizens.
In order to ensure transparent and open process of selection of CSO projects the ReLOaD project announces Public Call for the presence of a CSO representative in the Evaluation Commissions of CSO grant applications in the partner municipalities of Istog/k, Lipjan/Lipljan, and Viti/Vitina.
The public call for CSO project proposals in these three municipalities is planned to be launched in early September 2018, with the evaluation process tentatively scheduled for late October 2018/early November 2018 in Prishtina, with an average of 2-3 days of duration per each municipality.
The CSO representative in the Evaluation Commission shall have the following duties and responsibilities:
- CSO representative shall be a voting member in the Evaluation Commission and perform evaluation in line with the ReLOaD regulations;
- The CSO representative must participate in the evaluation commission from the beginning to the end;
- The CSO representative will sign a confidentiality and impartiality statement and keep all the information regarding the evaluation process confidential;
- The CSO representative will sign jointly evaluation commission report and confirm the findings and provide additional comments related to the work of the evaluation commission, if and when necessary.
The applicants for the Evaluation Commission must be a member and/or a full-time employee of a CSOs legally established in Kosovo* and shall meet the following criteria:
- Previous experience and skills in conducting an impartial, fair, and transparent evaluation of grant applications of CSO projects. Experience with EU grant awarding schemes will be considered as an asset;
- Experience in preparing and / or implementing projects financed from public sources;
- Knowledge of the applicable legal basis, strategic documents, policy priorities, and methodologies in the field of disbursement of public funds to CSOs;
- Knowledge of principles of Project Cycle Management (PCM);
- Fluency in spoken and written Albanian and English is required. Knowledge of Serbian is a strong asset.
The candidates must submit the following documents in electronic format to email@example.com:
- An updated CV (specifying previous experience in the fields mentioned in the criteria section);
- A Motivation Letter (stating the expression of interest for participation in the Evaluation Commission, as well as confirming availability for the evaluation process; letter should not be longer than one page);
- A Statement from the CSO's legal representative authorising the candidate to represent the respective CSO in the Evaluation Commission.
The CSO representative shall be working pro bono/free of charge. The project will cover basic expenses, including transportation and light lunch.
The CSOs of which the selected candidate is a member and/or a full-time employee is NOT eligible to apply (neither as a lead applicant CSO nor as a partner to the applicant CSO) to the public calls for submission of CSO project proposals within the ReLOaD project in in the partner municipalities of Istog/k, Lipjan/Lipljan, and Viti/Vitina.
The deadline for submitting the application is 18 September 2018 at 17:00.
If further information is required, please do not hesitate to contact Ms. Anita Smailovic (firstname.lastname@example.org).