|Overview : |
Event management Service for HeForShe Events
Expected date of Accomplishment
1st October -December 31st, 2018
September 20th, 2018
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. UN Women supports UN Member States as they set global standards for achieving gender equality and works with governments and civil society to design laws, policies, programmes and services needed to implement these standards. It stands behind women’s equal participation in all aspects of life, focusing on five priority areas; increasing women’s leadership and participation; ending violence against women; engaging women in all aspects of peace and security processes; enhancing women’s economic empowerment; and making gender equality central to national development planning and budgeting. UN Women also coordinates and promotes the UN system’s work in advancing gender equality.
An initiative to achieve gender equality titled HeForShe is at the core of UN Women’s work whereby men are encouraged to become gender advocates and champion women’s empowerment and ending violence against women. HeForShe champions globally advocate for these issues and pledge to carry out their responsibilities based on this role. The HeForShe campaign intends to mobilize men and boys globally to stand up and take action for the achievement of gender equality. The formation and participation of strong partners are central to the success of the campaign and as such, HeForShe will work closely with, support and encourage, UN Agencies, academia, media and private sector within Bangladesh to build strategies and work collaboratively to achieve the objectives of the campaign. HeForShe will seek to enhance and promote all partner strategies and activities that contribute to the goal of gender equality.
In Bangladesh, HeForShe was first initiated in the year 2016 at national level, whereby thought leaders, politicians, media personalities, etc were invited and pursued to be HeForShe champions. This year, UN Women BCO plans to take up the initiative to the UN agencies, private sector, academia and in the media, with a view to taking up HeForShe champions’ pledges at national level.
OBJECTIVE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The key objective of this assignment is to organize events with UN agencies, External stakeholders, and media; and a national event at the end in order to bring all the stakeholders together with their pledges. An event management agency will be recruited for this purpose, that will carry out the specific tasks as outlined below.
SPECIFIC TASK FOR THE EVENT MANAGEMENT COMPANY
In consultation with respective unit, the successful contractor will be required to deliver the following services:
Before the event:
- In close consultation with UN Women, design each event individually, come up with unique and creative concepts to introduce HeForShe to the stakeholders
- In consultation with UN Women, prepare the primary list of stakeholders under each of these categories (Private sector, academia, media); set up appointments for pre-event meetings after getting approval from UN Women
- Meeting space reservations, including set-up and layout from the following United Nations Department for Safety and Security (UNDSS) cleared venues:
- Bangabandhu International Conference Center (BICC)
- Pan Pacific Sonargaon
- five-star hotel (upon further discussion with the respective unit of UN Women)
- Design and development of
- Invitation cards with envelops and e-invitations: Size, text and color to be approved by UN Women
- Information handouts on HeForShe
- Event banner, X Banner, festoon: Size, text and color to be approved by UN Women
- Production of 500 HeForShe badges (samples will be provided)
- Prepare and maintain a database of guests and participants (Name, Contact details with Mobile No. and Email address) in consultation with UN Women
- Ensure timely distribution and receipt of invitation cards to the guests, at least 10 days before the event.
- At least a day before the event, the contractor has to review in detail and confirm the following things to UN Women:
- Overall set up, both in & outside of the hall
- AV equipment
- Food menu
During the event:
- Manage catering numbers effectively, maximizing value and minimizing wastage during the event
- Audiovisual coordination including projectors, projection screens, microphones, sound system.
- Registration service at the venue including collection of business cards from the guests
- Directional signage for guests
- Effective documentation/Note taking by at least 2 persons
- Ensure availability of translation booth and sufficient number of translation equipment (at least 50) with 1 or 2 professional interpreters (Bangla – English) during the event
- Produce a ‘Press release’ for print and electronic media to be approved by UN Women
After the event:
- All notes collected-as soon as the event closes
- One final report on delivered services and highlights from the event-within 4 working days
- Photography and videography services of the events
- One single itemized invoice for all services-within 2 working days
- Atleast 3 talk shows with media houses and 5 print media stories
UN Women Bangladesh has overall management of the work of the contractor. Under the overall supervision and direct consultation with the UN Women team, the contractor is expected to deliver quality outputs.
The event management company are required to deliver the following:
Organize HeForShe events:
- Private Sector 50 (venue, coffee and snacks)
- University Students 200 (coffee and snacks)
30 (Venue, coffee and snacks)
nal Event 200-300 (Venue, Lunch, coffee and snacks)
*Confirm participants for each of these events
*Confirm and design layout of venue, including placement of communications collaterals, food and other logistics
*Providing multi Media/Screen/PA/sound system/photography/videography
- All notes and a detailed report after the event
Within four working days of each event
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE OF THE EVENT MANAGEMENT COMPANY:
The media firm will be required to have;
- 5-10 years relevant expertise of planning and implementing similar events at scale. Demonstrated capacity and expertise to execute the activities, including availability of equipment, contacts and experience of undertaking similar assignments.
- Concrete organizational structure
- The proposer is in sound financial condition based on the financial documentation and information furnished in their proposal which should not show any financial concerns, such as negative net worth, bankruptcy proceedings, insolvency, receivership, major litigation, liens, judgments or bad credit or payment history.
- Extensive experience in managing events for Ministerial level, UN organizations/for development organizations with the aim of reaching both local and international audiences.
- Experience in working with international organizations and /or international donor and NGOs might be preferred.
- Well-developed design and plan for executing the event. This includes the approach to event management, the timeline from appointment to the event, critical milestones, dependencies, lines of communications etc.
- Relevant work experience and qualifications of key personnel / senior staff to conduct the proposed project; and the proposed management and team structure.
- A well developed, detailed, budget for the services of the Vendor relevant to event management, such as venue, catering, AV equipment, security, etc. Value for money will be an important consideration in the evaluation of the proposed budget, and therefore Vendors are strongly encouraged to provide as much detail in their proposal as they can.
- For details of evaluation method, please check Annex 3
- For details of technical proposal, please check Annex 4
- For details of Financial proposal, please chech Annex 5
DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
15 October to 31 December 2018
UN Women will reserve the copyright of all produced materials and should be permitted to use them without a time limit.
TERMS OF PAYMENT
100% payment after satisfactory completion of private sector engagement event
100% payment after satisfactory completion of university students’ engagement event
100% payment after satisfactory completion of media engagement event
100% payment after satisfactory completion of national event
Quotations will be evaluated based on technical (70%) and financial (30%) competency.
SUBMISSION OF QUOTATION
Interested companies should submit a quotation in response to the TOR, which should be as per the following instruction:
- Courier/Email by 20 September 2018
- Quotation with breakdown of different budget lines
- Company profile and samples of relevant products/ projects in the last 3 years (Name of
Project/ Clients, Project size/ amount in BDT, Project Duration)
ESTIMATED BUDGET: TBC