|Overview : |
United Nations Development Programme in Timor-Leste
PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT/SERVICES:
01 November 2018 - 30 April 2019 with possibility of extension based on funds availability and performance evaluation
COUNTRY OF ASSIGNMENT:
TYPE OF ENGAGEMENT:
On call basis
01 November 2018
UN House, Caicoli Street
REF: DRIVER ON CALL POSITION
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Timor-Leste Country Office in Dili seeks applications for “Driver on-call” position (Timor-Leste nationals only).
The position is a part-time engagement. The driver will provide driving service on call basis to backstop full time UNDP drivers who are on leave or during peak season. The selected Driver on-call will be contacted by the UNDP for an assignment in advance and will be paid for actual hours/days of service made.
Deadline of application: COB 26 October 2018
Interested candidates are encouraged to review the detailed Job Description and apply through www.tl.undp.org
Please fill the UN Personal History Form (P11) along with your CV as a single document
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No telephone and/or email inquiry will be responded.
2) OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSIGNMENT AND SCOPE OF WORK
Under the guidance and supervision of Administrative Associate, the Driver on-call provides and safe driving services to the UNDP Timor-Leste Country office and other UN officials and visitors ensuring highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues. The Driver on call also demonstrates a client-oriented approach, courtesy, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Upon request of the supervisor, the Driver can be also required to provide driving services to the Operations and Programme staff in the CO, Consultants and Experts and UN staff on mission.
The Driver is expected to fully adhere to and keep abreast with standing UNDP guidelines and policies concerning drivers’ roles and responsibilities as stipulated in the Programme and Operations Policies and Procedures (POPP) as well as the Inter-Office Implementation Arrangements with regard to the roles and responsibilities of the drivers, and any other instructions to be provided by the supervisor.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Provision of reliable and secure driving services
- Proper use of vehicle
- Day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle
- Availability of documents/ supplies
- Actions to be taken in case of involvement in accidents
- Ensures provision of reliable and safe driving services by a) driving office vehicles for the transport of UNDP staff, other officials and visitors and meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport including visa and customs formalities arrangement when required c) arrangement for registration of new vehicles including comprehensive and third party insurance, and d) provision of clerical assistance to the Administration Unit for registry-related and administrative issues.
- Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, including the vehicle body etc.;
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts, as well as others as required in line with the UN Security Management Policy and Country MOSS, in the assigned vehicle; To guarantee the observation of appropriate procedures in case of vehicle accidents according to the UNDP regulations and to report them immediately to the direct Supervisor;
- Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents. Ensures that the local traffic rules as well as the UN code of conduct are fully adhered to.
- The key results have an impact on the accurate, safe, cost-effective and timely execution of the CO services.
- To perform small repairs, to take action on other repairs and to keep the vehicle clean;
- To register official trips in a log book: to report to the Supervisor on a daily basis the daily mileage, petrol consumption and other data;
- To assist in loading and unloading of cargos/goods;
- To perform other duties as required.
- Ability to perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties
- Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair (for Drivers)
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of protocol (for Drivers)
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of security issues (for Drivers)
Planning, organizing and multi-tasking
- Organizes and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships
- Plans, coordinates and organizes workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines
- Demonstrates ability to quickly shift from one task to another to meet multiple support needs
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support
4) EXPECTED OUTPUTS AND DELIVERABLES
The Driver on-call will be called in advance to perform duties for specific period and will be paid based on work done for each assignment (hours/days).
5) INSTITUTIONAL ARRANGEMENTS
During the assignment the driver on-call will be based at UN Compound located in Caicoli Street, Dili, Timor-Leste and will have access to an official assigned vehicle only.
The Incumbent will report and get assignment from the Administrative Associate.
The Incumbent will submit a short report on each assignment basis. The short report should include achieved results by the end of assignment up the end of the Contract.
6) DURATION OF ASSIGNMENT, DUTY STATION AND EXPECTED PLACES OF TRAVEL
Duration: 6 months (01 November 2018 – 30 April 2019) with possibility of extension.
Duty Station: Dili, Timor-Leste.
7) SCOPE OF PRICE PROPOSAL AND SCHEDULE OF PAYMENTS
A daily fee
The payment method is a daily fee amount based on each assignment called for up to the end of the Contract.
8) QUALIFICATIONS OF THE SUCCESSFUL INDIVIDUAL CONTRACTOR
Education: Secondary Education. Valid Driver’s license;
Experience: 5 years’ work experience as a driver; safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair. Work experience with the UN system is advantage.
Language Requirements: Tetun, possession of knowledge of English and Bahasa Indonesia is preferable.
9) CRITERIA FOR SELECTION OF THE BEST OFFER
Combined Scoring Method
The candidates will be evaluated based on a Combined Scoring Method, where the qualifications and methodology will be weighted a max. of 70% and combined with the price offer which will be weighted a max of 30%. Note: Only candidates obtaining minimum 49 points or 70% of the technical criteria will be considered for financial evaluation.
Valid Driver’s license
Demonstration of excellent knowledge of protocol (for Drivers)
Demonstration of excellent knowledge of security issues (for Drivers)
Proven professional experience of 5 years work experience as a driver; safe driving record. Work experience with the UN system is advantage.
skills in minor vehicle repair
Language skills: Tetun, English and Bahasa Indonesia
10) RECOMMENDED PRESENTATION OF OFFER
The candidate will submit the following documents to demonstrate their qualification:
- Duly accomplished Letter of Confirmation of Interest and availability; (template can be downloaded from "Documents" on this Procurement Notice.)
- Personal CV or P11 form, indicating all experience as well as contact details including e-mail and phone number of the candidate and at least three professional references; (template can be downloaded from "Documents" on this Procurement Notice.)
- Brief description of the best suitability of the candidate for this assignment;
- Final proposal that indicates the all-inclusive daily fee. (template can be downloaded from "Documents" on this Procurement Notice.)