|Overview : |
The Independent Evaluation Office (IEO) of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is undertaking a cluster evaluation of UNDP Country Programmes in 10 countries and 1 territory of Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States, each of which goes to the UNDP Executive Board in 2020 for the approval of their new Country Programme Documents (CPDs).
IEO is seeking proposals from - consulting firms/think tanks/research institutions/individual consultants (who can coordinate and apply as a team with the team leader making the submission) - to propose a team of consultants (comprising of a mix of both international/regional and national consultants) who have substantial work experience and knowledge of the countries in the RBEC region/ sub-region.
The proposed team should demonstrate evaluation expertise in one or more of the UNDP work areas in the countries, which include:
- Environment and Natural Resources Management (including climate change adaptation, resilience and disaster risk reduction, environmental governance and related areas)
- Governance (including rule of law and judicial reforms, public administration and service delivery, local governance and related areas)
- Inclusive growth and sustainable livelihoods (including social protection, SMEs and private sector engagement, youth and women employment and related areas.
IEO will recruit up-to a maximum of three external consultancy teams to cover UNDP countries in each of the three RBEC sub-regions.
- Consulting Team 1: Central Asia: Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan
- Consulting Team 2: South Caucus and Western CIS: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus and Georgia
- Consulting Team 3: Western Balkans: The Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Serbia and Kosovo*
The external consulting team(s) have the option to submit their proposal for any specific RBEC sub-region or more than one RBEC sub-regions demonstrating their relevant technical expertise and country experience. In making their proposal, the Team Leaders should clearly indicate the sub-region(s) for which they are applying.
Each team will have one Team Leader (covering all countries in the sub-region), who will be supported by local/ regional evaluation consultant(s) to conduct ICPEs in the specific countries in that sub-region. The team should demonstrate a balance of both country and thematic experience.
The duration of the consultancy will vary depending on the size of the UNDP country programme in the country and can range between 35 to 40 consultant days per country (including 5-7 days field mission to the country), spread between January-October 2019 as per the evaluation timeline stated in the TORs.
For more information and for application instructions, please see the attached documents:
- Letter of Invitation with instruction to applicants (Section 1-2)
- Terms of Reference (Section 3)
- Proposal submission Forms and Templates (Section 4-7)
- Contract Template and General Conditions of Contract for Service (Section 11)
* All references to Kosovo shall be understood to be in the context of the Security Council Resolution 1244 (1999)