|Overview : |
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP)
NAME & ADDRESS OF FIRM
DATE: October 24, 2018
Dear Sir / Madam:
We kindly request you to submit your Proposal for Fiji Ridge to Reef Communication Planning Strategy .
Please be guided by the form attached hereto as Annex 2, in preparing your Proposal.
Proposals may be submitted on or before Friday, November 7th , 2018 and via email to the address below:
Your Proposal must be expressed in the English, and valid for a minimum period of 120 days
In the course of preparing your Proposal, it shall remain your responsibility to ensure that it reaches the address above on or before the deadline. Proposals that are received by UNDP after the deadline indicated above, for whatever reason, shall not be considered for evaluation. If you are submitting your Proposal by email, kindly ensure that they are signed and in the .pdf format, and free from any virus or corrupted files.
Services proposed shall be reviewed and evaluated based on completeness and compliance of the Proposal and responsiveness with the requirements of the RFP and all other annexes providing details of UNDP requirements.
The Proposal that complies with all of the requirements, meets all the evaluation criteria and offers the best value for money shall be selected and awarded the contract. Any offer that does not meet the requirements shall be rejected.
Any discrepancy between the unit price and the total price shall be re-computed by UNDP, and the unit price shall prevail and the total price shall be corrected. If the Service Provider does not accept the final price based on UNDP’s re-computation and correction of errors, its Proposal will be rejected.
No price variation due to escalation, inflation, fluctuation in exchange rates, or any other market factors shall be accepted by UNDP after it has received the Proposal. At the time of Award of Contract or Purchase Order, UNDP reserves the right to vary (increase or decrease) the quantity of services and/or goods, by up to a maximum twenty five per cent (25%) of the total offer, without any change in the unit price or other terms and conditions.
Any Contract or Purchase Order that will be issued as a result of this RFP shall be subject to the General Terms and Conditions attached hereto. The mere act of submission of a Proposal implies that the Service Provider accepts without question the General Terms and Conditions of UNDP, herein attached as Annex 3.
Please be advised that UNDP is not bound to accept any Proposal, nor award a contract or Purchase Order, nor be responsible for any costs associated with a Service Providers preparation and submission of a Proposal, regardless of the outcome or the manner of conducting the selection process.
UNDP’s vendor protest procedure is intended to afford an opportunity to appeal for persons or firms not awarded a Purchase Order or Contract in a competitive procurement process. In the event that you believe you have not been fairly treated, you can find detailed information about vendor protest procedures in the following link:
UNDP encourages every prospective Service Provider to prevent and avoid conflicts of interest, by disclosing to UNDP if you, or any of your affiliates or personnel, were involved in the preparation of the requirements, design, cost estimates, and other information used in this RFP.
UNDP implements a zero tolerance on fraud and other proscribed practices, and is committed to preventing, identifying and addressing all such acts and practices against UNDP, as well as third parties involved in UNDP activities. UNDP expects its Service Providers to adhere to the UN Supplier Code of Conduct found in this link : http://www.un.org/depts/ptd/pdf/conduct_english.pdf
Thank you and we look forward to receiving your Proposal.
Description of Requirements
Context of the Requirement
Fiji Ridge to Reef Communication Plan Strategy
Implementing Partner of UNDP
The Ministry of Waterways and Environment through the Department of Environment - Fiji Government
Brief Description of the Required Services
Knowledge management forms one of four key outcomes of the project as there is a need to enhance information systems and data on biodiversity conservation, climate change, and sustainable land, coastal and marine management. To achieve this outcome, an overarching communications and visibility strategy for the Ridge to Reef project needs to be developed. Because of the overarching nature of the R2r approach, the strategy will also be overarching and holistic to guide and inform the public communications elements not only of the Ridge to Reef project but for the environment sector as a whole. A key aspect is to maximize opportunities to promote the Ridge to Reef concepts and conservation practices that contribute to the sustainable use and development of Fiji’s natural resources.
UNDP is seeking for a service provider for communications and visibility for Fiji R2R Project .
List and Description of Expected Outputs to be Delivered
Service provider will be expected to:
- Formulate a 5-year and 10-year communications and visibility strategy for the Department of Environment that will help create awareness of key concepts related to ridge to reef management approaches that include biodiversity conservation, climate change, and sustainable land, coastal and marine management, to be able to influence behavioural change across multiple stakeholders. The strategy should also include an Implementation Framework with corresponding budget estimates.
- Situation analysis, audience analysis and environment projects and programmes analysis is conducted.
- Organize the communications and visibility strategy national consultations and workshops
Person to Supervise the Work/Performance of the Service Provider
The service provider will be monitored, overseen and supervised by the Director, Department of Environment through the Manager, Ridge to Reef Project, in close cooperation with UNDP - Pacific Office Fiji
Frequency of Reporting
As per deliverables outlined under progress reporting requirements
Progress Reporting Requirements
For Deliverable 2
- Submission of a workshop report after the completion of the communications and visibility strategy planning workshop. This would include a participant listing and discussion points from the workshop.
- Submission of a first draft of the communications strategy within 15 working days of the communications and visibility planning workshop.
For Deliverable 3
- Submission of a workshop report after the national consultation workshop for the review of the first draft of the communications and visibility strategy. This would include a participant listing and discussion points from the workshop.
For Deliverable 4
- Submission of the final version of the Communications and Visibility Strategy with the inclusion of an Implementation framework and the corresponding budget estimates.
Location of work
Expected duration of work
45 working days
Target start date
12th November 2018
Latest completion date
31st January 2019
Special Security Requirements
Facilities to be Provided by UNDP (i.e., must be excluded from Price Proposal)
☒ Service provider to arrange Office space and facilities including Laptop etc.
Implementation Schedule indicating breakdown and timing of activities/sub-activities
Names and curriculum vitae of individuals who will be involved in completing the services
Currency of Proposal
☒ Local Currency FJD
Value Added Tax on Price Proposal
☒ must be inclusive of VAT and other applicable indirect taxes
Validity Period of Proposals (Counting for the last day of submission of quotes)
☒ 120 days
In exceptional circumstances, UNDP may request the Proposer to extend the validity of the Proposal beyond what has been initially indicated in this RFP. The Proposal shall then confirm the extension in writing, without any modification whatsoever on the Proposal.
☒ Not permitted
Condition for Payment Release
Payment upon submission and acceptance by UNDP of deliverable(s).
Within thirty (30) days from the date of meeting the following conditions:
- UNDP’s written acceptance (i.e., not mere receipt) of the quality of the outputs; and
- Receipt of invoice from the Service Provider.
Person(s) to review/inspect/ approve outputs/completed services and authorize the disbursement of payment
RSD Fiji R2R Project Manager
Type of Contract to be Signed
☒ Institutional Contract
Criteria for Contract Award
☒ Highest Combined Score (based on the 70% technical offer and 30% price weight distribution)
☒ Full acceptance of the UNDP Contract General Terms and Conditions (GTC). This is a mandatory criteria and cannot be deleted regardless of the nature of services required. Non acceptance of the GTC may be grounds for the rejection of the Proposal.
Criteria for the Assessment of Proposal
Technical Proposal (70%)
☒ Expertise of the Firm 30%
☒ Methodology, Its Appropriateness to the Condition and Timeliness of the Implementation Plan 50%
☒ Management Structure and Qualification of Key Personnel 20%
Expertise of the firm / organization: (30%)
- Valid business registration
- Company Profile
- Have at least 7 - 10 years of relevant experience in journalism or corporate communications working in the Pacific region on community awareness and communications in the area of climate change, biodiversity conservation, land degradation, land, coastal and marine management or ridge to reef related initiatives.
- Possess a solid understanding of the ridge to reef concept.
- Demonstrated experience in developing communications strategies and developing content that clearly communicates ideas and experiences for media, web, print and audio visual productions.
Proposed Methodology, Approach and Implementation Plan (50%)
- Plan and Capacity to conduct the Assignment
Qualification of the Team Member(s)
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communication or related areas with solid understanding of the various environmental issues in Fiji. A Post-graduate degree would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 7 – 10 years’ experience in the field of environmental conservation and communication.
- Experience in developing environmental community outreach. Evidence of products developed to be submitted with application.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of working with communities, government, civil society and private sectors.
- Excellent command of English.
Expression of interest to be accompanied by financial proposal and methodology in achieving the deliverables identified. Copies of work should be submitted.
Financial Proposal (30%)
To be computed as a ratio of the Proposal’s offer to the lowest price among the proposals received by UNDP.
UNDP will award the contract to:
☒ One and only one Service Provider
Annexes to this RFP
☒ Form for Submission of Proposal (Annex 2)
☒ General Terms and Conditions / Special Conditions (Annex 3)
☒ Detailed TOR
Contact Person for Inquiries
(Written inquiries only)
Any delay in UNDP’s response shall be not used as a reason for extending the deadline for submission, unless UNDP determines that such an extension is necessary and communicates a new deadline to the Proposers.
 A detailed TOR may be attached if the information listed in this Annex is not sufficient to fully describe the nature of the work and other details of the requirements.
 VAT exemption status varies from one country to another. Pls. check whatever is applicable to the UNDP CO/BU requiring the service.
 UNDP preference is not to pay any amount in advance upon signing of contract. If the Service Provider strictly requires payment in advance, it will be limited only up to 20% of the total price quoted. For any higher percentage, or any amount advanced exceeding $30,000, UNDP shall require the Service Provider to submit a bank guarantee or bank cheque payable to UNDP, in the same amount as the payment advanced by UNDP to the Service Provider.
 Where the information is available in the web, a URL for the information may simply be provided.
 Service Providers are alerted that non-acceptance of the terms of the General Terms and Conditions (GTC) may be grounds for disqualification from this procurement process.
 This contact person and address is officially designated by UNDP. If inquiries are sent to other person/s or address/es, even if they are UNDP staff, UNDP shall have no obligation to respond nor can UNDP confirm that the query was received.