|Overview : |
The Phase 5 of the Small Grants Programme will be ending in December 2018 and the design of its next phase is currently being developed. The concept note has been drafted with focus on landscape approach to natural resource management in 4 selected landscapes: Catubig Watershed in Samar, Aurora Province along Sierra Mountain Range, Siargao Island Protected Landscapes/Seascapes and Calamian Islands.
To understand the elements within a landscape including its biodiversity conservation status, land use trends and patterns, most common or significant economic activities, potential alternative livelihoods, previous SGP supported initiatives, opportunities for upscaling past or current community-based initiatives to be financed under the SGP strategic project window of the Country Program, poverty and inequality levels, disposition of communities and local authorities, potential partnerships with NGOs, the private sector and others, and other factors, the UNDP will undertake a landscape analysis. This will be used to clearly identify the issues and problems of the area and determine possible interventions which can guide proposal development under SGP-7.
In this regard, the UNDP will hire a consultant to help in the conduct of initial landscape analysis of the 2 proposed sites for SGP-7.
Scope of Work
Under the direct supervision of the ISD Programme Manager through the ISD Programme Analyst, the Consultant shall:
1. Organize and facilitate at least 1 multi-stakeholder participatory landscape analysis workshop for each landscape;
- Gather secondary data on the identified priority landscapes for SGP-7
- Review existing ecological and socio-economic information and data relevant to the 4 proposed landscapes under SGP-7;
- Identify gaps and needs on biodiversity conservation and sustainable land management in terms of policy, capacities and conservation effectiveness;
2. Document, consolidate and package the workshop proceedings;
3. Write a landscape analysis report for each of the identified priority landscapes for SGP-7 that includes, but not limited to the following information:
- Biodiversity features (genetic, species and ecosystems)
- State of biodiversity including threats at the landscape level
- Land uses, titles and tenurial instruments
- Natural resource use trends
- Prevailing environmental issues and problems
- NIPAS and other protection/conservation sites
- Political subdivisions and their profiles
- Socio-economic profile
- Profile of ICCs
- Recommendations on the landscape level interventions
4. Present key findings and results of the landscape analysis to key stakeholders, DENR and UNDP.
The ISD Programme Manager with ISD Programme Analyst shall directly supervise the Consultant. As needed, the UNDP project staff shall provide logistical assistance to the Consultant in order for her/him to accomplish enumerated outputs.
Duration of Work
The Consultant shall be engaged for 28 days spread over 4 months.
The Consultant is not expected to report on a daily basis to UNDP-ISD Philippines office based in Mandaluyong City but shall be available on an on-call basis.
Schedule of Payments
- 1st Tranche - 15% Upon submission and acceptance of the Inception Report and Work Plan;
- 2nd Tranche - 25% Upon submission of the Landscape Analysis Workshop Design;
- 3rd Tranche - 15% Upon the submission of the Documentation Report of the Landscape Analysis Workshop for the selected landscapes;
- 4th Tranche - 20% Upon submission and acceptance of the 1st draft of the Landscape Analysis Report of the Selected Landscapes;
- 5th Tranche - 25% Upon submission and acceptance of the Final draft of the Landscape Analysis Report of the Selected Landscapes
Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
Treats all people fairly without favouritism.
- Ability to work in a diverse and multi-cultural environment;
- Self-motivated and ability to work under pressure and to meet strict and competing deadlines;
- Displays analytical judgment and demonstrated ability to handle confidential and politically sensitive issues in a responsible and mature manner;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
- Demonstrates self-management, including conflict management/negotiating skills on interpersonal issues;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Filipino;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work effectively in teams, delivering through and with others;
- Computer literate; good knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
Education - 45%
Advanced university degree in development management, environmental planning and management, environmental science, human ecology, forestry, agriculture or its related fiel
Experience - 45%
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in natural resources’ policy; project development, resource mobilization, and community-based resource management; 10%
- Has familiarity with the Small Grants Programme and how it operates; 10%
- At least 5 years experience in facilitating workshops and consultation meetings 10%
- At least 5-10 years’ experience and proven expertise in areas of development specifically in: (1) Project Development and Formulation; (2) Biodiversity Conservation and Sustainable Land Management; (3) Institutional Building and Cooperation, and (4) Global environmental issues; 10%
- sufficient knowledge of UNDP and GEF and some level of familiarity with its operations; 5%
Language/ Skills - 10%
Criteria for selection process:
The offer will evaluated based on the Combined Scoring method:
- Qualifications - 70%
- Financial Proposal - 30 %
- Duly accomplished Letter of Confirmation of Interest and Availability (Financial Proposal Template) using the template provided by UNDP;
Personal Curriculum Vitae, indicating all past experiences from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the candidate and at least three (3) professional references;
Application requirements should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com on or before 12 December 2018.
Attachments in this link:
- Financial Proposal Template and Terms & Conditions for Consultants.
In view of the volume of applications UNDP receives, only shortlisted offerors will be notified.