|Overview : |
I. Organizational Context
UNDP corporate Intranet is now based on SharePoint Online, a centrally hosted and managed web-based platform for document management and collaboration. The platform allows for internal management processes, secured business process workflow management, internal information dissemination, authoritative content, policies and procedures, and document management/record retention of critical, substantive, internal, official documents and records such as strategies, policy papers, contracts, invoices, financial and travel records, communications, prescriptive content, corporate policies, internal team, and individual work sites, etc.
Sharepoint’s capabilities and features can improve the CO’s efficiency and productivity; however, the benefits depend on how contents are structured, labeled, and categorized. While the corporate Sharepoint already provides us the template, customization to local needs is necessary to achieve maximum benefits from the system. In line with the National Acceleration Modality or NAM, ICT unit aims to maximize utilization of the corporate Intranet for internal business process management, document and records management, corporate assets, business intelligence/analytics, and internal team collaboration. Our current level of ICT resource (staffing), is not enough to support the needed enhancement we envisioned for our Intranet.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the ICT Analyst, the onsite Sharepoint Application Developer will be supporting the ICT unit in designing the CO’s Intranet environment for optimal use. He or she will be the focal person for the overall structure of the CO site in close collaboration with the Management Support Team, Operations, Programme, and UNDP Projects.
II. Functions / Key Results Expected
Summary of Key Functions:
UNDP’s new Intranet is based on O365, SharePoint online, Power Apps, Power BI, and Microsoft Flow. The Sharepoint application developer will help the ICT Team in revamping the Country Office portal which should have a unique look and feel that would encourage staff to embrace digitization and automation initiatives of the office.
- Design and develop the Sharepoint environment of the Country Office; plan and design the local Intranet solutions in close collaboration with Operations, Programme, MSU, and Project offices in the field.
- Organize and create a standard look and feel of the different site collections and site pages.
- Design a Country Office Intranet interface that is easy to navigate yet attractive enough to encourage users to utilize the system more. UNDP Standard branding colors will be used.
- Develop a mixed of code and no-code online forms and mobile apps using Power Apps, Power BI, Microsoft Flows, and other programming languages as needed
- Provide documentation of the solutions implemented for quick reference and troubleshooting.
- Conduct job shadowing to the ICT staff and training of champions from the different units who will be responsible for the content of their team sites.
- The consultant is expected to debug the Sharepoint applications for any errors or issues encountered within the period of 6 months after the project’s completion.
Design and develop the office’s Intranet solutions focusing on achieving the following results:
- Collaborate with the different stakeholders in the office such as organizational units/teams and field offices in building the CO Sharepoint environment.
- Design the Country Office Sharepoint with online forms and mobile applications for common business processes eliminating the need for paper-based forms.
Create standardized User Interface (UI) for the different site collection and site pages:
- Design a user-friendly and easy to look sites and pages
- Create Document libraries, Picture libraries, List, Sites, and Workspaces that will be viewable and accessible by everyone either on premise or off-site locations. (e.g. office-wide calendar of events/missions, announcements/discussion boards, shared documents)
Design the Country Office Intranet look and feel that will entice users to utilize the system more.
- Design the modern look and feel of the Country Office Intranet based on the organization’s branding standard.
- Organize the webparts, applications, and the different parts of the SPO site and subsites to improve its look and feel
Develop a mixed of code or no-code applications in Sharepoint focusing on achieving the following results:
- Create electronic version of the paper-based forms using Power Apps, Power BI, and Microsoft Flow.
- Recommend the right API that will be used in developing applications in Sharepoint.
- Recommend the right approach for sharing common list of database for all the PowerApps that will be developed.
- Create and deploy the following tools:
o Finance Forms
- Digital Payment system
- Cash for work system
- Accounts Payable
- Petty Cash
o Procurement Forms
- Procurement Request Form (PRF)
- Contracts Management/Monitoring (for IC and Firms)
- Vendor Profile
o Information Technology Forms
- ATLAS profile
- e-Group Provisioning
o Human Resources Form
- Contracts Management (FTA, SC, TA)
- Clearance/Exit System
- Onboarding System
o Admin Forms
- Mobile App for Transport Request
- Asset Tracking and Equipment Loan
- Overtime Request
- Travel Forms
- Travel Request
- Back to Office Report (BTOR)
o Management Support Unit (MSU)
- Annual Work Plan
- Annual Progress Report
o Other tools as required by each unit;
- Mobile app for Telephone Tree System
- Mobile app for Warden System
- UN House Common Room Reservation System
The list above is not exhaustive, there may be requirements/requests from different units during the inception planning that have not been captured from the above list.
III. Documentation focusing on achieving the following results:
- Document the solutions for easy troubleshooting and error fixing
- Document codes used in the development of Sharepoint applications
- Document the no-codes used in the development of Sharepoint applications
IV. Conduct Trainings of champions and Job Shadowing for ICT Staff
- Conduct job shadowing for the ICT staff to enhance internal ICT capacity
- Conduct training of champions from the different units who will be responsible in populating the contents of their team sites
- Conduct training of users
- Develop training curriculum for Sharepoint users and champions
V. Institutional Arrangement
The Consultant will be under the supervision of UNDP's ICT Analyst who will monitor, review and approve her/his outputs and evaluates his/her over-all performance.
VI. Duration of Work
The Consultant shall be engaged for six (6) months commencing on 11 February until 10 August 2019.
VII. Duty Station
The assignment is based in home-based and will be required to report to UNDP office at Rockwell Business Center Sheridan Mandaluyong atleast once a week or as needed. No travel is required to field offices or project offices.
VII. Schedule of Payments
The consultant is required to submit a financial proposal indicating a lump sum amount that will cover identified tasks:
- First Month - Upon submission and approval of the Project Initiation / Inception Planning;
- Second Month - Upon submission and approval of the Finance and Procurement Applications;
- Third Month - Upon submission and approval of the IT and HR Applications;
- Fourth Month - Upon submission and approval of the Admin and Travel Applications;
- Fifth Month - Upon submission and approval of the MSU and other Unit Applications;
- Sixth Month - Upon completion and approval of the Country Office Sharepoint’s look and feel, applications; manual; and documents required on section III.
- Commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision, values and ethical standards
- Sensitivity to cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age differences
- Treat all stakeholders fairly and without prejudice
- Maintains objectivity and impartiality in handling evaluation processes
- Experience in project development, implementation and evaluation--particularly in directly managing results-based monitoring and evaluation methodologies
- Demonstrated experience in conducting evaluation of multi-year and multi-component programmes and projects
- Familiarity with the norms and issues in early recovery and rehabilitation work in disaster-affected areas
Ability to process large amounts and diverse set of data and documents related to infrastructure development, livelihood, resettlement, disaster risk reduction and management, and governance
Demonstrated strong coordination and facilitation skills
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to initiate discussions with national/local governmental officials, peoples organizations and communities
Demonstrated ability to function in a team environment and to deal with complex multi-stakeholder environment
Demonstrated ability to prepare and present comprehensive reports
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Creative & Design, or related field experience.
Minimum of 3 years’ experience in IT-related function and/or a combination of 3 years’ experience in IT Systems Analysis and Design or Sharepoint application development.
Working knowledge in developing mobile applications from different mobile platforms like Windows Phone, IOS, and Android will be an asset.
Excellent presentation skills and facilitation skills
Criteria for selection process:
The offer will evaluated based on the Combined Scoring method:
- 30% Educational Qualification
- 30% Experience
- 10% Communication Skills through an Interview
- 30% Financial Proposal
Application requirements to be submitted at the same time:
- Duly accomplished Letter of Confirmation of Interest and Availability (Financial Proposal Template) using the template provided by UNDP;
Personal Curriculum Vitae, indicating all past experiences from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the candidate and at least three (3) professional references;
Atleast 3 projects/portfolio of related projects undertaken
Application requirements should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com on or before 11 February 2019.
Attachments that can be downloaded in this link are the following:
- Financial Proposal Template;
- P11 Form;
- General Terms and Conditions for Consultants
In view of the volume of applications UNDP receives, only shortlisted offerors will be notified.