Interested individual Consultant must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications:
Cover letter: Explaining why the consultant the most suitable for the work; Duly accomplished Letter of Confirmation of Interest and Availability using the template provided by UNDP;
Personal CV or P11, indicating the past experience relevant to the assignment, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate and at least three (3) professional references;
Brief description of why the individual considers him/herself as the most suitable for the assignment, and a methodology, if applicable, on how he/she will approach and complete the assignment.
** Consultant/Contractor whose assignment require travel and who are over 62 years of age are required, at their own expense, to undergo a full medical examination, including x-rays after they are selected.
Proposal should be submitted to the Procurement Unit, UNDP Myanmar, No. 6 Natmauk Road, Tamwe, Yangon or by email to email@example.com; no later than 13 February 2019 5:30 pm (Yangon Time).
Any request for clarification must be sent in writing, or by standard electronic communication to the address or e-mail indicated above. Procurement Unit will respond in writing or by standard electronic mail and will send written copies of the response, including an explanation of the query without identifying the source of inquiry, to all consultants.
UNDP is the UN's global development network, an organization advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. We are on the ground in some 170 countries and territories, working with them on their own solutions to global and national development challenges. As they develop local capacity, they draw on the people of UNDP and our wide range of partners.
In Myanmar, UNDP delivered it first country programme from 2013-2017, working with a range of partners to implement projects that strengthened local governance, democratic governance and environmental governance. The new country programme 2018-2022 has completed the first year. The 2018 Annual Report will capture the results achieved over the year and acknowledge the partnerships that supported the achievement of these results.
The 2018 Annual Report is an important publication to showcase the programmatic and financial operations and significant achievements of the Country Office (CO) to all of UNDP’s stakeholders. The report which is published in English and Myanmar is UNDP’s calling card and is used for outreach and advocacy purposes and to provide information and visibility on the CO’s programme, projects and activities throughout the period.
The consultancy entails research and writing, and a commitment to deadlines. The consultant will report to the Team Leader – Strategic Results, Partnership and Innovation and work closely with the communications team and other relevant colleagues in Strategic Management Unit.
PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
This assignment has two parts – (1) copywriting and (2) graphic design and publication design layout
Using the data template provided by the UNDP Myanmar, the individual consultant will copywrite the text of the Annual Report ensuring accuracy, consistency and readability of message, charts, figures, graphs and other report components.
The consultant will be responsible for copywriting the narrative sections with a view to ensure: clarity and continuity and focus of the report; clarity of structure and consistency, both analytical and stylistic.
The consultant will concentrate on flow and clarity of text especially between text and tables, and figures and integration of text and boxes, content errors, style and punctuation, spelling and grammar. The consultant will ensure that the data used and referenced in the text are consistent with the data in the respective tables, figures, charts and maps, as well as with the indicator tables. Based on the txt provide, the consultant will recommend infographics for the Annual Report.
GRAPHIC DESIGN AND DESIGN LAYOUT
To produce an attractive and creative layout for the 2018 Annual Report for both English and Myanmar versions (Myanmar translation will be provided after finalization of the English Version), using UNDP font, graphics, infographics and appealing placement of photos.
The consultant will propose three design layouts, one will be selected from three design concepts produced at the beginning of the assignment. The appropriate placement of illustration such as maps, pie charts, tables, box items should be used as guided by the UNDP Myanmar team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Scope of Work
- Review and copywrite the draft text and contents provided for the Annual Report 2018
- Produce attractive/creative design layouts with infographics, etc.
- Finalize the Annual Report 2018 integrating any feedback from UNDP Myanmar management and ensuring accuracy, clarity and coherency.
- Address any formatting issues to ensure the report is fit to be disseminated.
Expected Outputs and Deliverables
- Draft Report as a Word document, including Table of Contents, Executive Summary, Charts, photo captions and credit information etc
- Finalize content of Annual Report integrating any feedback from UNDP Myanmar team
- Three design layout concepts and recommended infographics
- Proofreading of design layouts to ensure that text and graphics are error free
- 2 Final Annual Reports (design layout in English and Myanmar).
- Original artwork files to be delivered to the UNDP Myanmar
Note: Translated text in Myanmar will be provided to the consultant for applying design layout.
- The consultant will report to the Team Leader – Strategic Results, Partnership and Innovation and work closely with the Communications team and relevant colleagues in Strategic Management Unit.
Duration of the Work
- 30 working days during March and April 2019
- The assignment is home based.
- Masters’ Degree in Public Relations, English Language or Literature, Communications, Journalism or Creative Writing with at least five (5) years experience.
- Or Bachelors degree in in Public Relations, English Language or Literature, Communications, Journalism or Creative Writing with at least seven (7) years experience.
- Strong research and excellent writing skills in English;
- Proficiency in the use of Adobe Creative Suite such as Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop
- Experience in producing corporate products;
- Understanding of UN, including UNDP, development issues and UN reform;
- Knowledge of UNDP terms, language and editorial style;
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Experience of design layout for Myanmar-language report will be an advantage.
- Ability to be flexible and respond to changes to text/layout as part of the review and feedback process;
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to communicate and work with diverse people;
- Participate effectively in team-based, information-sharing environment, collaborating and cooperating with others;
- Focus on impact and results for the client.
Time-frame and Fees:
The consultant will work for 30 working days spread out from 1 March 2019 through 30 April 2019. It is noted that due to the nature of the project, there will be periods of time when no actual writing or research will occur because the writer will be waiting for either text clearances from UNDP and/or layouts from the designer.
Individual consultant must send a financial proposal based Lump Sum amount. The total amount quoted shall be all-inclusive and include all costs components required to perform the deliverables identified in the ToR, including professional fee, communication costs and any other applicable cost to be incurred by the consultant in completing the assignment. The payment will be done upon completion of the assignment.
Evaluation Method and Criteria
Consultants will be evaluated based on the lowest price and technically compliant offer. The award of the contract shall be made to the consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as both: a) responsive/compliant/acceptable, and b) offering the lowest price/cost.
Technical Criteria for Evaluation (Maximum 70 points)
- Relevance of education – Max 10 points
- Experience in editing and report writing - Max 30 Points
- Technical skills in graphic design and design layout – Max 20 points
- Experience in developing content for UN reports – Max 10 points
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points (70% of the total technical points) would be considered for the Financial Evaluation.
Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications.
- Letter of Confirmation of Interest and Availability using the template provided in Annex II.
- Personal CV or P11, indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate and at least three (3) professional references.
- Links to previous work
Incomplete proposals may not be considered.