|Overview : |
Note: Extended the offer up to 24th April
- Monthly IT Activity Report of UN Women Bangladesh Office
- Timely and effective IT personnel and support services, troubleshooting and maintenance services for UN Women Bangladesh Office
IT Service provider will ensure that the IT infrastructure at UN WOMEN office is in good condition and users are able to access all resources without any problem.
- Work in coordination with authorized staff member/s for all ICT related work ;
- Provide technical support for video conference, skype call, meetings and workshops as required ;
- Day-to-day troubleshooting of ICT equipment, especially computers ;
- Ensure that UN Women Bangladesh ICT system is operating as per authorized policy of HQ ;
- Ensure UN Women Bangladesh’s data are backup following the UN Women Bangladesh ICT disaster recovery plan ;
- Ensure the internet connectivity is up and ready for UN Women users access to internet ;
- Make sure that the network printers are accessible from the workstations;
- The permission from UN Women staff is required for task of install, upgrade, configure software on computer or any UN Women device ;
- Maintain inventory of computer hardware, installed software and keep the record of inventory up to date for all capital and non-capital IT assets as well as cell phones ;
- Ensure a virus-free environment and removing viruses from infected systems and flash disk drives.
- Ensure all UN Women cell phones for staff are operating smoothly.
IT Engineer : Service provider will supply an Engineer to look alter the ICT setup for UN WOMEN Bangladesh office. The Engineer should have experience on the following areas :
- Manage network infrastructure equipment and service e.g. leased line connectivity, cabling, switches, and wireless routers, firewall, and etc.
- Maintain and install Software and hardware (including telephone system and printers) e.g. Office365, Symantec Endpoint Protection, Adobe Acrobat, Internet web browser). Be responsible for reinstalling software in case of broken-down. Do not setup software without license on UN Women computer/server. And remove the suspicious software. Clean virus for Client when found and do monthly virus scan and/or upon Client’s request ;
- Troubleshoot on operating systems which using in UN Women’s computer (Windows 10) ;
- Provide knowledge on how to use software applications such as Microsoft Office 2016, Antivirus program, Adobe Reader, etc ;
- Assist for preparing configuration, comparison and others related work ;
- Manage ICT suppliers (Suppliers for ICT equipment, software, ICT supplies (Toner, Servicing, Equipment, etc);
- Maintain and manage SharePoint site.
Services : Following services are required to be undertaken by the service provider for maintaining the IT setup at UN WOMEN Bangladesh office :
A. Hardware services
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain of new computers and up gradation of existing computers, printers and other related equipment e.g. scanners, modems, etc. ;
- LAN/WAN infrastructure including cabling, routers, switches and access points etc. ;
- Troubleshoot and provide resolution of hardware problems ;
- Support for Video conference and audio conference equipment ;
- Support for setup ICT equipment for meeting/workshop/conference e.g. setup LCD projector, laptop with power point presentations, microphone and speaker ;
- Coordinate with service providers i.e. internet service provider, service providers for computers and printers, video conference equipment supplier, etc. ;
- Provide configuration on Smart phones to synchronize to UN Women email system ;
- Responsible for all mobile sim, maintain Sim custodian list, keep tracking of mobile and internet connection ;
- Summarize monthly cell phone bills and coordinate with finance for payment ;
- Keep contact with cell phone company and make sure all cell phone, modems can be operating
- Communicate with staff need to be handle very smoothly, timely follow up with information is very essential.
- Smoothly handle with all troubleshoot problem as per required.
B. Software Services :
- Install and configure of operating system and software application packages.
- Install of software updates – Windows, Office and antivirus.
- Troubleshoot of user-reported problems related to Windows, MS Office, and other standard software packages.
- Repair, install and prepare a computer in case of OS corruption.
C. Network Services :
- Manage of Active Directory, DHCP & DNS
- Ensure the internet is always accessible to all users.
- Ensure that Internet and Email are functional at all times.
- Configure of Outlook to be done for new computers or when a computer is re-formatted and new set.
- Configuration of data cards on laptops (if required)
- Implement changes on all computers as per directions from the HQ/Regional office.
- Rectify any problems arising due to faulty cabling or network device.
- Ensure users are well connected to the network printers in the office.
- Install all software as per required.
D. Data Backup Services
- Work with online library focal and assist in online data backup ;
- Ensure one drive is in working condition in all computers and data backup is active ;
- Ensure that Outlook data back up in cloud is in running condition ;
- Contact RO/HQ : Outlook, and Intranet trouble shooting.
Knowledge sharing :
Share IT related updated information with UN WOMEN personnel in Bnagladesh and assit in capacity building
Minimum qualifications required for the IT Engineer/Expert :
- Legally registered organization, Business Company with requisite experience and background
- Minimum 5 years of experience in providing IT support services (software and hardware, networks services)
- Experience in providing IT support services for multi-national organizations, inter-government organizations, business companies, and the United Nations Agencies is an advantage
- The company must have IT support personnel with the following qualifications :
- University degree or diploma in Information Technology, Computer Sciences, Engineering or any other related fields
- Minimum of two years working experience as IT support staff
- Hands-on experience in trouble-shooting, networking, hardware and software maintenance
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Knowledge of computers, basic programming and relevant software applications
- Previous working experience in or with UN/NGO is an asset
- Good command of English, both written and spoken
- Able to work under challenging circumstances with minimum supervision.
- Well Mannered and able to handle multi tasking.
Schedule for engineer’s visits
- The service provider will send their engineer to visit the UN WOMEN office on 5 working days through the week on a Full time basis. No Changes of person, same person require 05 working days.
- Timings : The engineer shall be available during office hours i.e., between 8.00 am and 4.30 pm on week days e.g., Sunday through Thursday.
- After-office support : If required, the service provider will assign an engineer to provide support remotely or by going to the office to attend the problem.\
- Leave, sick leave, at any emergency requirement of engineear company will provide alternante office within immediate effect.
Additional information and requirements :
- Spare parts needed to replace faulty components shall be provided by UN WOMEN.
- The IT engineer will coordinate and report to the designated person at UN WOMEN.
- The service provider will ensure a 95% up time for all IT equipment’s and services.
- In case the regular engineer is unavailable, a backup engineer must be available at the office. (Back up person CV also need to provided)
- Provide support in Sub offices remotely as per requirement.