|Overview : |
The Task Force Secretariat seeks a part-time Conferences and Events Coordinator to support the team on an on-call basis. When called to engage, the primary responsibility of the Conferences and Events Coordinator will be to take ownership of the events-planning function. He or she will work to ensure that all necessary elements for each event are in place, all critical path milestones are met, and the event is successfully organized in a smooth and efficient manner. The Events Coordinator will work under the supervision and overall guidance of the Director, Task Force Secretariat, UNCDF.
- Create a master plan for all events.
- Create an event plan for each individual event, identifying sponsor, assigning responsibilities and deadlines, and ensuring adherence.
- Work with Task Force members’ own teams for co-sponsored meetings and events.
- Create a budget for each event and monitor burn rate.
- Act as primary point of contact, for event-planning purposes, for Task Force members’ and venues’ administrative teams.
- Manage on-site logistics for meetings and events, as needed and supported by the Secretariat,
- Assign responsibilities to Secretariat staffers and monitor their work.
- Communications consultant—to ensure speeches, briefings, talking points, PowerPoint presentations, leave-behinds, press kits, or other materials are prepared as needed, and/or that media outreach is conducted effectively as applicable.
- Administrative assistant—to ensure that meeting space is secured, contractual and procurement issues are handled properly, travel arrangements are made, invitations are issued, RSVPs are tracked, and follow-up is undertaken as necessary.
- Task Force Secretariat director and Inclusive Finance specialist—to ensure that meeting agendas and substantive subject-matter reflects and advances the objectives for the meeting in question and for the Task Force strategy as a whole.
- Conferences and Events Master Plan.
- Individual plan for each conference and event, with clearly stated objectives, key functions, roles & responsibilities, major milestones, critical path milestones, and budget for each.
- Master budget.
- Budget for each individual event.
- Weekly or biweekly budget variance reports and event progress reports (frequency TBD).
- Short (2- to 3-page) close-out report for each event, with lessons learned from event-management perspective (note that minute-taking/rapporteur function for the meetings’ substantive discussions will be the responsibility of others on the Secretariat team).
For detailed description and to apply click here: https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=84167