|Overview : |
Provision of the research document on companies that provide services of Ticketing, Transportation and Event management (in the further text: Companies) market in Serbia, and provision of inputs for future tender for Travel, Transportation and Conference/Event Organization Services for the UNCT Serbia.
The objective of this Terms of Reference (ToR) is to thoroughly conduct research on the market conditions of companies that provide services of Ticketing, Transportation and Event organization in Serbia. The research is needed to coordinate and put in line the existing market conditions and qualification requirements set by the Travel and Conference Organization Services for the UNCT Serbia tender.
The United Nations Development Programme Country Office (UNDP) in Serbia, on behalf of all United Nations Agencies in Serbia (UNICEF, UNHCR, UNOB, WHO, UNOPS, IOM, UN FAO, UN ORC, UNFPA, UN OHCHR, UN WOMEN, UNIDO, UN ILO, UN DSS and UNODC) will be undertaking a solicitation of bid proposals from travel agents and qualified companies who are interested to provide various services related to travel and conference organizing activities, regularly required by the UN agencies in Serbia.
To achieve cost efficiency from economies of scale while ensuring outstanding quality of service, one recommendation agreed among the UN Agencies was to consolidate all the travel and conference organizing requirements and enter into one common contract with one company to serve all its respective needs and service requirements.
Description of Responsibilities
Scope of work
The UNDP will engage the consultant to conduct market research and provide market research report related to the operating of the companies in Serbia, in the field of provision of tickets, transportation and conference organization services. It should be determined what is the capacity (both organizational and financial) of the companies and whether the Travel and conference organization tender requirements are set to be in line with the existing travel market conditions. The market research should also analyze in more details how the market operates and how companies make their revenue. The identified companies are to be directly invited to participate at the future tenders for Travel and Conference Organization Services for the UNCT Serbia.
Within the framework of this ToR, the Consultant is expected to perform the following tasks:
Provision of Market research report in which the following aspects would be presented and analyzed:
- Presentation and description of the travel, transportation and events services companies’ market in Serbia including detail analysis on how they make their revenue and operate in the field of provision of air/bus/train tickets, conference organizing services and provision of transportation/transfers services;
- Professional and operational capacities analysis that are members of IATA and YUTA and that operates in the field of provision of air tickets, transportation and conference organizing services;
- Financial capacities analysis of the above-mentioned companies in Serbia. The purpose of the financial analysis to identify how many and which companies are capable to meet the requirements of the existing ToR for Travel, Transportation and Conference Organization Services for the UNCT Serbia;
- Assistance to UNDP in preparation of new ToR document for the Travel, Transportation and Conference Organization Services for the UNCT Serbia tender (if needed);
- Assistance to UNCT Evaluation committee in evaluation of the received bids for the Travel, Transportation and Conference Organization Services for the UNCT Serbia tender (if needed).
Corporate Requirements (as per the existing UNCT travel and conference tender):
The companies shall have in its current office all necessary equipment and facilities and shall employ enough experienced and professionally trained travel experts and staff to handle minimum requirements of the UN Agency System.
The successful company that will be contracted to serve the needs of the UN Country Team shall have the following minimum qualifications:
1. Accredited BSP/ IATA (Billing Settlement Payment/ International Air Transportation Association) Travel Agent duly licensed with the Government.
2. Maintains a good track record in serving international organizations, embassies and multinational corporations.
3. Employs competent and experienced travel consultants, especially in ticketing and fare computations, as evidenced by their track record in their Curriculum Vitae.
4. Financially capable of rendering services to UN Agencies in Serbia.
5. Maintains facilities of GDS (Global Distr. System, i.e. Amadeus, Galileo, World Span), in-plant domestic and international ticketing, basic office equipment and telecommunications equipment, capacity to issue electronic tickets.
6. Capable of deploying motorized messenger(s)/documentation clerk(s).
7. Willing and able to guarantee the delivery of products and services in accordance with the performance standards required by this TOR.
8. Currently maintains a global network/ affiliates in major UN destinations,
9. Minimum 7 years of relevant experience.
10. Must employ at least 10 employees.
Responsibility for expenses and their reimbursement
This is a lump sum assignment. The Consultant will be responsible for all personal administrative and travel expenses associated with undertaking this assignment including office accommodation, printing, stationary, telephone and electronic communications, report copies as well as other costs incurred in this assignment.
Deliverables and timelines
The principal responsibility for managing the Consultant will lie UNDP Travel and Logistics Associate The timeframe and duration of activities are estimated as follows:
Deliverables and timelines
- Detailed plan of work submitted and accepted by 20 April 2019;
- Meetings with companies and collecting the inputs for the research and providing preliminary findings by 10 May 2019;
- Market Research Document submitted and accepted by 1 June 2019;
- Assistance to UNDP in preparation of new ToR document for the Travel and Conference Organization Services for the UNCT Serbia tender When/if needed;
- Assistance to UNCT Evaluation committee in evaluation of the received bids for the Travel and Conference Organization Services for the UNCT Serbia tender When/if needed (but not later than August 2019).
All outputs must be quality reviewed and approved by UNDP Travel and Logistics Associate. All deliverables will be submitted in English language.
- Good knowledge and expertise of how travel, transportation and events management companies’ market in Serbia operates;
- Demonstrated experience in drafting research documents;
- Ability to understand and explain the concepts of operating of the travel market in Serbia easily;
- Previous experience in working in the travel sector in field of finance would be an asset.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Excellent written communication skills, with analytic capacity and ability to synthesize relevant collected data and findings for the preparation of the market research document.
- Advanced University degree in the fields of economy/finance, or tourismology or another relevant field.
- At least 7 years of relevant professional experience in economy or travel/event organizations sector;
- Experience in working in travel/ event organization sector and good knowledge on how this market in Serbia operates;
- Previous experience with UNDP is an asset.
- Excellent English writing skills are essential. Knowledge of Serbian.
Qualified and interested candidates are asked to submit their applications via UNDP Web site: UNDP in Serbia under section “Jobs” no later than 5 April 2019.
Application should include:
- CV containing date of birth and contact information;
- Offeror’s Letter (only PDF format will be accepted) confirming Interest and availability for the Individual Contractor (IC) Assignment. Can be downloaded from the following link: http://www.undp.org.rs/download/ic/Confirmation.docx. The Offeror’s Letter shall include financial proposal specifying a total lump sum amount for the tasks specified in this announcement with a breakdown of costs. Offeror’s Letter must also include the following:
- Methodology concept containing a preliminary plan of work (no more than two pages).
- Example of a project document written by the applicant (ideally in the area of parliamentary development).
The above listed documents may be uploaded under consultancy ref. 1923 at following the link:
For more information on the application procedure please refer to the enclosed Procurement Notice.
- Individual Contract (IC) will be applicable for individual consultants applying in their own capacity.
- Reimbursable Loan Agreement (RLA) will be applicable for applicants employed by any legal entity. Template of RLA with General Terms and Conditions could be found on: http://www.undp.org.rs/download/RLA%20with%20General%20Terms%20and%20Conditions.doc. In the case of engagement of Civil servants under IC contract modality a no-objection letter should be provided by the Government entity. The ‘no-objection’ letter must also state that the employer formally certifies that their employees are allowed to receive short-term consultancy assignment from another entity without being on “leave-without-pay” status (if applicable) and include any conditions and restrictions on granting such permission, if any. If the previous is not applicable ‘leave-without-pay’ confirmation should be submitted.
Engagement of Government Officials and Employees
- Government Officials or Employees are civil servants of UN Member States. As such, if they will be engaged by UNDP under an IC which they will be signing in their individual capacity (i.e., engagement is not done through RLA signed by their Government employer), the following conditions must be met prior to the award of contract:
- A “No-objection” letter in respect of the individual is received from the Government employing him/her, and;
- The individual must provide an official documentation from his/her employer formally certifying his or her status as being on “official leave without pay” for the duration of the IC.
- The above requirements are also applicable to Government-owned and controlled enterprises and well as other semi/partially or fully owned Government entities, whether the Government ownership is of majority or minority status.
- UNDP recognizes the possibility that there are situations when the Government entity employing the individual that UNDP wishes to engage is one that allows its employees to receive external short-term consultancy assignments (including but not limited to research institutions, state-owned colleges/universities, etc.), whereby a status of “on-leave-without-pay” is not required. Under such circumstance, the individual entering into an IC with UNDP must still provide a “No-objection” letter from the Government employing him/her. The “no objection” letter required under (i) above must also state that the employer formally certifies that their employees are allowed to receive short-term consultancy assignment from another entity without being on “leave-without-pay” status and include any conditions and restrictions on granting such permission, if any. The said document may be obtained by, and put on record of, UNDP, in lieu of the document (ii) listed above.