|Overview : |
- Does the UNDP already have a questionnaire for the survey or the Consultant has to design an appropriate questionnaire?
Yes, UNODC/UNDP already has a questionnaire and the consultant doesn’t need to design any questionnaire.
Drug abuse is major public health problem worldwide. While an estimated 246 million people aged 15 to 64 years used at least one illicit drug in 2013, more than 1 in 10 of the drug users are either injecting drugs or engaging in long duration or regular use of opioids, cocaine and/or amphetamines. Furthermore, West Africa serves as a transit area for illicit drugs such as heroin bound for Europe and other regions. While communities in West Africa suffer from psychosocial, economic, and health consequences of drug abuse, unavailability of reliable data for monitoring the extent, patterns, and trends of drug abuse constitutes a major setback to prevention, and demand reduction efforts in the region.
SCOPE OF WORK
The consultant(s) will be responsible for conducting drug use research (including HIV/AIDS within drug users groups) in Ghana. He/she (in consultation with UNODC) will be responsible for the entire processes of data collection, analysis, and reporting.
The main objective of the proposed study is to provide baseline information on the current picture with regards to Prevalence of HIV/AIDS and selected coinfections in Prisons and assess the availability and quality of health services in Ghana Prisons..
- A minimum of Master’s degree qualifications in social sciences or related technical field such as public health, development, psychology, demography, children or social research.
- Five years of progressive professional experience in programme design, administration, monitoring and evaluation or research design and management.
- Good qualitative and quantitative research skills including experience in conducting community-based processes and/or research on drug (including alcohol) use and social issues.
- Experience of managing a research team.
- Possession and proficient experience in the use of Computer Assisted Personal Interviewing (CAPI) software with Smartphones and Tablets will be required.
HOW TO APPLY
- See the Documents section above for the detailed Annex I-Terms of Reference and Submission Documents.
BID SUBMISSION INSTRUCTION:
- Strictly follow the instructions indicated in the IC Proposal Submission Form uploaded hereto
For detailed information, please refer to Annex I- Terms of Reference (ToR)
The Consultant is required to have the above mentioned professional and technical qualifications. Only the applicants who hold these qualifications are advised to submit their respective bid proposals
The following proposals must be prepared as per the prescribed standard format indicated in the respective IC Bid Document. The Proposals shall be submitted before its deadline on May 23, 2019, via UNDP Ghana Secured mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Technical Proposal in pdf under file name: UNDP.GHA.2019.087-IC – TP - [insert Name]
- Financial Proposal in pdf under file name: UNDP.GHA.2019.087-IC – FP - [insert Name]
Please note that these proposals shall be submitted to the designated secured email into two files but in one email unless both Files are Greater than 9MB file size
EMAIL SUBJECT LINE WHILE SUBMITTING PROPOSAL:
- While submitting your proposals to email@example.com be sure your email subject line is UNDP.GHA.2019.087-IC