|Overview : |
INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT PROCUREMENT NOTICE
Recruitment of Consultant to support the organization of the AUC’s 11th African Private Sector Forum
Description of the assignment: National Consultant – Support the organization of the AUC’s 11th African Private Sector Forum
Duty Station: Home Based
Period of assignment/services: 6 months
Proposal should be submitted at the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 08, 2019 with the reference of the procurement notice (612/IC/PNUD-UNOSS/2019)
Any request for clarification must be sent in writing to the e-mail address email@example.com.
Women candidates are encouraged to apply
The Terms of Reference are attached as Annex 01 of this notifice for more details on the mission.
They mainly describe the context of the mission, the responsibilities assigned to the mission, the deliverables expected from the mission and the profile of the candidates.
DOCUMENTS TO BE INCLUDED WHEN SUBMITTING THE PROPOSALS.
Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications:
1. Technical Proposal:
- Explaining why they are the most suitable for the work
- Provide a brief methodology (Roadmap) on how they will approach and conduct the work
- Copies of Diploma, certification
- Personal CV including past experience in similar projects and at least 3 references
- Form of annex 3 (Offer letter) to be filled and signed
2. Financial proposal
Lump sum contracts:
The financial proposal shall specify a total lump sum amount, and payment terms around specific and measurable (qualitative and quantitative) deliverables (i.e. whether payments fall in installments or upon completion of the entire contract). Payments are based upon output, i.e. upon delivery of the services specified in the TOR. In order to assist the requesting unit in the comparison of financial proposals, the financial proposal will include a breakdown of this lump sum amount (including travel, per diems, and number of anticipated working days). See annex 3
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION OF THE BEST OFFER
Technical Competence (based on CV, Proposal and interview (if required))
- Criteria a. Technical skills (languages, knowledge international working arrangements) (40 points)
- Criteria b. Experience Related to the Assignment
- Criteria c. General Education and Qualification
20 pts **
Financial (Lower Offer/Offer*100)
Technical Score * 70% + Financial Score * 30%
| || || || |
ANNEX 1- TERMS OF REFERENCES (TOR)
ANNEX 2- OFFEROR’S LETTER TO UNDP CONFIRMING INTEREST AND AVAILABILITY
FOR THE INDIVIDUAL CONTRACTOR (IC) ASSIGNMENT
ANNEX 3- INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Terms of Reference (TOR)
Services/Work Description: Recruitment of Consultant to support the organization of the AUC’s 11th African Private Sector Forum
Project/Program Title: African Union Commission’s 11th African Private Sector Forum
Duty Station: Home-based
Type of the Contract: National Consultancy
Duration: 6 months
Expected Start Date: 24 July 2019
I. BACKGROUND / RATIONALE
The African Member States, through the African Union, adopted a strategic framework – known as Agenda 2063 – that outlines their socio-economic vision and aspirations over the next several decades, and has been designed in alignment with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and its Agenda 2030 adopted internationally.
Chief among its priorities is the need to structurally and productively transform African economies, develop and industrialize them accordingly. Under the leadership of the African Union Commission, the productivity agenda is being pushed, particularly through development of natural resources and promotion of pan-African enterprises. The advancement of this agenda, would, among others, strengthen the competitiveness of the continent's economy in the global economy and address a number of challenges, including decent employment creation and the fight against poverty, which are closely linked.
It is against this background that the African Union Commission, in partnership with the United Nations Office for South-South Cooperation - Africa (UNOSSC-Africa ) and the Organisation Internationale de la Francophonie (OIF), plans to organize the 11th edition of the "African Private Sector Forum" from November 6 to 8, 2019 in Antananarivo, Madagascar, under the theme of "Transforming African economies through the mobilization of African private sector and the capitalization of experiences from other parts of the world ".
To lay the groundwork of the eleventh African Private Sector Forum, the AUC, with the support of the UNOSSC-Africa, is therefore, looking for a suitable individual national consultant.
- Objective of the Assignment
The objective of the Assignment is to coordinate and facilitate the organisation of a successful Forum, in line with the background documents that have been developed by the Secretariat of the Forum (concept note, agenda, etc.).
II. SCOPE OF THE WORK
The Consultant is expected to undertake this assignment through desktop study, telephone interviews, conference calls, and where possible face to face meetings. Specific tasks include:
- Liaise between the AUC, the international consultant and the local stakeholders for the preparation and running of the 11th African Private Sector Forum ;
- Participate actively in mobilizing international and national participants, and support ;
- Initiate and manage sponsorship requests, including developing several package offers suiting different budgets and visibility, and discussing with potential Forum partners;
- In collaboration with the international consultant, AUC, UN and OIF’s Partnership and Communication Divisions, develop sponsorship and communication materials ;
- Ensure the realization of the different activities outlined in the Forum roadmap, in coordination and validation with the AUC;
- Coordinate activities and tasks with the AUC and the host country stakeholders;
- Coordinate with the international consultant on any matter related to the preparation of the Forum and dealing with the AUC and its partners ;
- Coordinate the secretariat’s work (translation of documents, etc.);
- Coordinate and support the secretariat’s work in general and with with French and English-speaking African countries ;
- Engage with national participants.
III. EXPECTED OUTPUTS / DELIVERABLES
Deliverables / Outputs
Estimated Duration to Complete
Review and Approvals Required (Indicate designation of person/Unit who will review output and confirm acceptance)
Weekly progress report on the preparation of the Forum;
AUC Department of Economic Affairs
Documents and other reports requested by the AUC and AUC partners (this includes financial and substantive reporting);
AUC Department of Economic Affairs
Final report of the Forum to be submitted to the AUC and UNOSSC.
AUC Department of Economic Affairs
IV. INSTITUTIONAL ARRANGEMENT / REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS
The UN will be the contracting agency. The assignment will be carried out under the oversight of the UN Office for South-South Cooperation and the African Union Commission.
- The consultant will be directly responsible to, report to, seek approval of output from the AUC Department of Economic Affairs and the UNOSSC-Africa Regional Chief
- The frequency of reporting will be based on the deliverables-
- Weekly progress reports
- Preparation of reports and documents on request from the AUC and other partners
- Final report of whole exercise
- The Consultant will be expected to liaise with the AUC Department of Economic Affairs and UNOSSC-Africa team while performing the work
- The AUC Department of Economic Affairs and the UNOSSC-Africa team will work closely with the Consultant in ensuring that there is coherence in the tasks being carried out. This will involve one-on-one meetings as well as online (email, Skype) discussions. The office of the AUC Commissioner for Economic Affairs will be the approving authority for the deliverables as well as the evaluation of the consultant’s general performance.
- The project will provide working space for the consultant when they are in Addis Ababa.
V. LOGISTICAL SUPPORT
- The consultant will attend all the preparatory meetings to be held in the host country for the preparation of the Forum. AUC and AUC partners will provide support and facilitation for the consultant’s visit as much as possible.
- The AUC will also ensure the consultant has access to the AU premises and stakeholders in the duration of the consultancy
- There will be no administrative support offered to the consultant.
VI. LOCATION, DURATION AND TIMEFRAME OF THE WORK /DELIVERABLES/OUTPUT
This consultancy assignment will be home-based and will begin in July 24, 2019 and is expected to finish the assignment in six (6) months.
VII. QUALIFICATIONS OF THE SUCCESSFUL INDIVIDUAL CONTRACTOR (IC)
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Management or related courses.
- Knowledge and understanding of African issues and AUC approaches;
- Coordination and facilitation of meetings and business forums in line with international standards;
- Fluent in Malagasy, French and English
- Functional Competencies
- Planning and coordination
- Core Competencies
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats all people fairly without favouritism;
- Fulfils all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment.
- Additional Requirements
Interested candidates are requested to submit the following documents for AUC / UNOSSC’s consideration:
- Proposed roadmap of the Forum preparation
- Curriculum Vitae of the Consultant
- Letter of motivation
The Consultant is required to have the abovementioned professional and technical qualifications. Only the applicants who hold these qualifications will be shortlisted and contacted.
VIII. PAYMENT MILESTONES AND AUTHORITY
Prospective Consultant will indicate the cost of services for each deliverable in US dollars (an all-inclusive lump-sum contract amount) when applying for this consultancy. The consultant will be paid based on the effective UN exchange rate (where applicable), and only after approving authority confirms the successful completion of each deliverable as stipulated hereunder.
The qualified consultant shall receive his/her lump sum service fees upon certification of the completed tasks satisfactorily, as per the following payment schedule:
Installment of Payment/ Period
Deliverables or Documents to be Delivered
Approval should be obtained
Percentage of Payment
1st Installment/ end of month 1
1st month progress report and approved roadmap of Forum preparation
2nd Installment / end of month 4
Weekly reports, documents and reports requested. Satisfactory review on contribution to the success of the Forum (Before and during the Forum)
3rd Installment / end of month 6
Final report of Forum and general post-Forum reporting and follow-up
IX. RECOMMENDED PRESENTATION OF TECHNICAL PROPOSAL
Proposed table of contents for the Consultant (prospective Consultant Proposal Submission must have at least the preferred contents which are outlined in the IC Proposal Submission Form incorporated hereto).
X. CONFIDENTIALITY AND PROPRIETARY INTERESTS
The consultants shall not either during the term or after termination of the assignment, disclose any proprietary or confidential information related to the consultancy or the Government without prior written consent. Proprietary interests on all materials and documents prepared by the consultants under the assignment shall become and remain properties of UNDP. This assignment will be administrated by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), and all relevant UNDP rules, policies and procedures will apply.
 The term “All inclusive” implies that all costs (professional fees, travel costs, living allowances, communications, consummables, etc.) that could possibly be incurred by the Contractor are already factored into the final amounts submitted in the proposal