|Overview : |
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is supporting developing countries all over the world with the implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) at its core. As the UN’s global development network, UNDP is advocating change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life.
In the Philippines, UNDP is dedicated to support the country achieve it national development goals alongside the achievement of the SDGs. UNDP works with multiple stakeholders to find country-specific solutions that lead to the eradication of poverty and to ensure no one is left behind - reaching those furthest behind first. This is articulated in its 2019-2023 Country Programme Document (CPD). UNDP aims to achieve works in three outcome areas, namely for People, Planet and Prosperity, and Peace. The successful implementation of the SDGs in the Philippines requires a bold, integrated and collaborative approach to development, balancing inclusive, green and sustainable growth in a rapidly changing world. UNDP seeks to share ways to promote partnerships in the achievement of the SDGs by ensuring multi-sectoral collaboration .
UNDP is looking to recruit a national consultant to revamp and re-design the website structure and content, hosted within the UNDP domain and the UNDP Microsite for SDGs is our Biz PH.
The consultant shall report to the deputy Resident Representative and seek approval of outputs through the Communications Associate on a weekly basis for the deliverables to be achieved in a timely manner for the redesign and revamping t of UNDP Website. For updating and improving the microsite for SDGs is our Biz, the consultant shall report seek approval of outputs to the Outcome Lead of the Institutions & SDG Partnerships. The consultant shall work closely with an integrated website team from the Country Office, composed of one representative from each team and the joint secretariat of SDGS is our Biz.
Duration of Work
Duration of work is 60 person days spread over 3 months.
Home-based with weekly reporting to the Deputy Resident Representative updating and revamping the UNDP Philippines website and to the Outcome Lead of Institutions & SDG Partnerships for Microsite for SDGs is our Biz.
Scope of Price Proposal and Schedule of Payments
Financial proposal shall be expressed as lump-sum “all-inclusive” rate for the whole duration of the contract. The term “all inclusive” implies all costs (professional fees, allowances, travel costs within Manila etc.) The lump sum price is fixed regardless of the changes in the cost components.
- First Tranche - 10% Upon submission and approval of the ff:
- Assessment of current content and archiving outdated content and
- Development of new website map and strategy for redesigning and revamp, with timelines
- Second Tranche - 30% Upon submission and approval of the ff:
- Support the CO Teams in the creation of new content pages, including coordination for technical inputs from Teams, advisors and experts; and
- Revision of web content and programming languages to ensure integration and consistency of information and interfaces across all online communication channels; development of agreed micro sites
- Capacity development of Communications Associate and Digital Services Team on website maintenance
- Third Tranche - 20% Upon submission and approval of the ff:
- Approval of final structure with content and adjustments and Launch of new website
- Fourth Tranche - 10% Upon submission and approval of the ff:
- Proposed improvements in terms of site pages, contents and other resources & collaterals for SDGs is our Biz website, Online Reporting Tool and mobile application
- Fifth Tranche - 20% Upon submission and approval of the ff:
- Updating the Microsite for SDGs is our Biz
- Maintain and improve the technical implementation of www.sdgsbiz.ph management system
- Update the pages and sub-pages of the microsites and its contents
- improvement in the contents, user interface, usability and tracking website traffic.
- Sixth Tranche - 10% Upon submission and approval of the ff:
- Guidance tool (document, slide deck or video) on uploading contents, photos and videos in the microsites
Duties and Responsibilities
The consultant will re-design and revamp the website structure and content, hosted within the UNDP domain and the UNDP microsite for SDGs is our Biz. He/She shall ensure that the website contains most up-to-date information; incorporate multi-media design elements without bugs and glitches; and establishes linkages with project microsites (including the SDGs is our Biz microsite), UNDP Philippines social media accounts and across the UNDP global and regional websites, and social media accounts. The consultant shall also ensure that capacity on website maintenance is developed in the Communications and Digital Services Teams of the Country Office.
The consultant shall be responsible for the following:
Support in the Redesigning of Country Office Website:
- Work closely with the different Country Office Teams to coordinate technical inputs and design the new website and implement new multi-media elements and features in the site, including graphics, animations and hyperlinks;
- Maintain and improve the technical implementation of www.ph.undp.org which uses the Adobe Experience Manager as its content management system;
- Lead the website realignment and updating the pages and subpages of the UNDP Philippines website; working with CO Teams in editing webpages as well as creating ad hoc webpages when needed;
- Contribute to the implementation of UNDP’s online strategy, making sure that UNDP Philippines complies with the strictest standards of design, content, usability and security;
- Update existing publications with the appropriate taxonomy tags and upload recent publications to the publications page;
- Ensure linkage to and visibility of UNDP Philippine social media accounts in the website
- Provide recommendations in the creation of key performance Indicators as well as establishing a benchmark for the website strategy that is in line with UNDP Philippine’s social media strategy; and
- Support the Communications Associate to ensure the best standards for search engine optimization, usability and online analytics.
Support in updating of microsite/website of SDGsBiz.ph:
- Curate the contents of the various the website, online reporting tool, and mobile app
- Maintain and improve the technical implementation of www.sdgsbiz.ph which uses the Adobe Experience Manager as its content management system
- Update the pages and sub-pages of the microsites by working with closely with joint SDGsBizPH joint secretariat
- Propose improvement in the contents, user interface, usability and tracking website traffic.
- Develop guidance tool (document, slide deck or video) on uploading contents, photos and videos in the microsites.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN's values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality, and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism.
Functional and technical competencies
- Ability to work in a diverse and multi-cultural environment;
- Self-motivated and ability to work under pressure and to meet strict and competing deadlines;
- Displays analytical judgment and demonstrated ability to handle confidential and politically sensitive issues in a responsible and mature manner;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
Required Skills and Experience
Offers will be evaluated based on combined scoring method – where the Technical Proposal will be evaluated based on qualifications in the CV and brief description of previous work. The Technical evaluation is weighted a max. of 70%.
The Financial Proposal that will be evaluated through submission of the Offeror's Letter to UNDP Confirming Insterest and Availability for the IC including Financial Proposal Template and combined with the price offer will be weighted a max of 30%;
For the evaluation of the Technical Proposal, the selection of the successful consultant must be based in the following qualifications (with the appropriate obtainable points):
Points Obtainable (100 points)
Bachelors Degree in IT, Computer Science, Marketing, Multi-media Arts, Communications or related field.
- Minimum three (3) years of relevant experience in development and management of dynamic websites; significant experience with online publishing, including analytics and social media, deep experience with using and supporting others in the use of content management systems;
- Inclusive of at least one (1) year or more hands-on experience implementing, enhancing and troubleshooting Adobe CQ5 Content Management Systems (CMS) or similar system
- Relevant experience with the United Nations family or major international development organizations, and knowledge about UNDP’s mandate and Sustainable Development Goals will be an asset.
- Fluency in English & Filipino is required
Note: Upon submission of at least 2 most recent sample write-ups or articles.
Applicants who will only receive 70 points from the assessment of the CV and Brief description of why the individual considers him/herself as the most suitable for the assignment will be qualified for the assessment of the Financial Proposal.
Recommended Presentation of Offer
Offerors must upload in one (1) file the documents listed below. Documents for application should be deposited at https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=87340
You may download the editable version of the Offeror's Letter to UNDP Confirming Insterest and Availability for the IC by clicking on this link: http://gofile.me/6xdJm/bE9TCw8fU
- Duly accomplished Offeror's Letter to UNDP Confirming Insterest and Availability for the IC that indicates the all-inclusive lumpsum contract price, supported by a breakdown of costs, as per template provided; If an Offeror is employed by an organization/company/institution, and he/she expects his/her employer to charge a management fee in the process of releasing him/her to UNDP under Reimbursable Loan Agreement (RLA), the Offeror must indicate at this point, and ensure that all such costs are duly incorporated in the financial proposal submitted to UNDP;
- Financial Proposal (Annex 2 of Offeror's Letter to UNDP Confirming Insterest and Availability)
- Personal CV or P11, indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate and at least three (3) professional references;
- At least 2 most recent sample write-ups or articles.
In view of the volume of applications UNDP receives, only shortlisted offerors will be notified.