|Overview : |
Kindly note that the deadline is extended from 16-9-2019 to 20-9-2019
Ghana’s commitment towards Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation is evident in the development of the REDD+ Strategy in 2016. While this strategy proposes policies and measures to effectively address deforestation and forest degradation, it is yet to be made fully operational and requires analyses and targets for scaled investments across sectors. There is therefore the need for an investment plan to fill this gap through strategic planning with various sectors to identify and ensure that the requisite investments are defined and costed. To achieve this, the Forestry Commission in partnership with the United Nations Development Programme, organized a pre-inception meeting with key stakeholders to:
- Discuss ongoing, current potential investment and potential insights and how those can be linked to the investment plan.
- Explore the establishment of a taskforce to guide the development of the investment plan.
- Outline the roadmap towards the development of the Investment Plan.
SCOPE OF WORK
In order to achieve this, the National Consultant (1 lead consultant and 1 assistant consultant) will need to work closely with, and gather input from, multiple relevant stakeholders and technical experts throughout the assignment, including private sector and the civil society. The consultant should use appropriate fora such as the team constituted for this purpose and the national REDD+ working group and taking into account efficiency and cost-effectiveness. The investment plan will be premised upon quality of the work and the ability to move towards implementation.
- Advanced degree in Forestry, Natural Resources Management, Social Science, Economy, Business, Finance or related disciplines
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in research and contribution to policy design in the area of natural resource management, in particular forestry.
HOW TO APPLY
- See the Documents section above for the detailed Annex I-Terms of Reference and Submission Documents.
BID SUBMISSION INSTRUCTION:
- Strictly follow the instructions indicated in the IC Proposal Submission Form uploaded hereto
For detailed information, please refer to Annex I- Terms of Reference (ToR)
The Consultant is required to have the above mentioned professional and technical qualifications. Only the applicants who hold these qualifications are advised to submit their respective bid proposals
The following proposals must be prepared as per the prescribed standard format indicated in the respective IC Bid Document. The Proposals shall be submitted before its deadline on September 16, 2019, via UNDP Ghana Secured mail address: email@example.com
- Technical Proposal in pdf under file name: UNDP.GHA.2019.228-IC – TP - [insert Name]
- Financial Proposal in pdf under file name: UNDP.GHA.2019.228-IC – FP - [insert Name]
Please note that these proposals shall be submitted to the designated secured email into two files but in one email unless both Files are Greater than 9MB file size
EMAIL SUBJECT LINE WHILE SUBMITTING PROPOSAL:
While submitting your proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org be sure your email subject line is UNDP.GHA.2019.228.IC