|Overview : |
TERMS OF REFERENCE (TOR)
STATEMENT OF NEED: The key objective of this assignment is to organize 16 Days of Activism related content, campaign, and activities related to 16 Days of Activism. This year the theme is: Generation Equality Stands Against Rape.
Event management Service for 16 Days of Activism
Expected date of Accomplishment
27 October -31 December, 2019
21st October 2019
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. UN Women supports UN Member States as they set global standards for achieving gender equality and works with governments and civil society to design laws, policies, programmes and services needed to implement these standards. It stands behind women’s equal participation in all aspects of life, focusing on five priority areas; increasing women’s leadership and participation; ending violence against women; engaging women in all aspects of peace and security processes; enhancing women’s economic empowerment; and making gender equality central to national development planning and budgeting. UN Women also coordinates and promotes the UN system’s work in advancing gender equality.
From 25 November, the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women, to 10 December, Human Rights Day, the 16 Days of Activism against Gender-Based Violence Campaign is a time to galvanize action to end violence against women and girls around the world. The international campaign originated from the first Women's Global Leadership Institute coordinated by the Center for Women's Global Leadership in 1991. This year the theme is Generation Equality stands against rape.
OBJECTIVE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The key objective of this assignment is to organize events, campaigns and media specific interventions around violence against women, and rape in particular during the timeframe of 16 Days of Activism (25 November-10 December), getting all stakeholders on boards, and raise awareness on the said issue.
SPECIFIC TASK FOR THE EVENT MANAGEMENT COMPANY
In consultation with respective unit, the successful contractor will be required to deliver the following services:
- Design and implement a campaign to make the masses more mindful of the causes and effects of rape using public space such as supermarkets
- Planning how of Highlighting the issue on social media
- Audio visual on rape and its effects
- Using other forms of media such as radio, print etc. to raise awareness on the issue
- Documenting all the activities
- Engaging Ambassadors for 16 Days of Activism
Organize 16 Days of Activism activities:
- Design and implement a campaign to raise awareness on rape and its effect using public space such as supermarkets
- Social media intervention
- Use other forms of media, such as radio, print to raise awareness
- A/V on rape/breaking gender stereotypes/effects of patriarchy
- Documenting all the activities
- Engaging Ambassadors for 16 Days events/activities
- All notes and a detailed report after the event
Within four working days of each event
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE OF THE EVENT MANAGEMENT COMPANY:
The media firm will be required to have;
- 5-10 years relevant expertise of planning and implementing similar events at scale. Demonstrated capacity and expertise to execute the activities, including availability of equipment, contacts and experience of undertaking similar assignments.
- Concrete organizational structure
- The proposer is in sound financial condition based on the financial documentation and information furnished in their proposal which should not show any financial concerns, such as negative net worth, bankruptcy proceedings, insolvency, receivership, major litigation, liens, judgments or bad credit or payment history.
- Extensive experience in managing events for Ministerial level, UN organizations/for development organizations with the aim of reaching both local and international audiences.
- Experience in working with international organizations and /or international donor and NGOs might be preferred.
- Well-developed design and plan for executing the event. This includes the approach to event management, the timeline from appointment to the event, critical milestones, dependencies, lines of communications etc.
- Relevant work experience and qualifications of key personnel / senior staff to conduct the proposed project; and the proposed management and team structure.
- A well developed, detailed, budget for the services of the Vendor relevant to event management, such as venue, catering, AV equipment, security, etc. Value for money will be an important consideration in the evaluation of the proposed budget, and therefore Vendors are strongly encouraged to provide as much detail in their proposal as they can.
- For details of evaluation method, please check Annex 3
- For details of technical proposal, please check Annex 4
- For details of Financial proposal, please chech Annex 5
DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
UN Women will reserve the copyright of all produced materials and should be permitted to use them without a time limit.
Evaluation method : Lowest-Price Technically Compliant Methodology
TERMS OF PAYMENT
100% payment after satisfactory completion of full activities
SUBMISSION OF QUOTATION
Interested companies should submit a quotation in response to the TOR, which should be as per the following instruction:
- Courier/Email by 20 September 2018
- Quotation with breakdown of different budget lines
- Company profile and samples of relevant products/ projects in the last 3 years (Name of
Project/ Clients, Project size/ amount in BDT, Project Duration)
ESTIMATED BUDGET: TBC