|Overview : |
UNDP’s Gender Equality Award for Public Institutions aims to help public institutions put a practical roadmap in place to ensure that gender equality is integrated into the structures, policies, cultures, functions and work of the institution. UNDP plans to scale this initiative and open it to countries with a public sector inclined to achieve the SDGs. The scaling up process requires provisioning of services and support though a web-based platform. The platform has two different objectives:
- Provide support to public institutions across the globe to learn how to integrate gender mainstreaming standards
- Facilitate assessment of the institutions that are seeking to receive the Gender Equality Award for Public Institutions.
The scope of work includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Design, develop and implement a web-based platform to measure progress of institutions against a set of standards.
- Create an information management system composed of dimensions, standards and indicators, with system capacities to analyze data and reporting by public entities and subsequently produce reports on performance of institutions.
- Create a web-based platform that facilitates the exchange among institutions, provides access to guidelines, toolkits and good practices to support public institutions in their journey to meet gender equality standards. The web-platform will meet high quality design standards incorporating the latest designs trends to ensure a modern, user friendly, and unique final product.