|Overview : |
UN Resident Coordinator's Office - Project 113650
National Consultant for Communications for the UN engagement in Mauritius
The Government of Mauritius and the United Nations signed a Strategic Partnership Framework (SPF) in August 2019. The SPF describes planned cooperation results and strategies supported by the UN system and how they will contribute to the country’s strategic priorities in the next five years. It consolidates the work of the UN system in a single coherent framework that provides a platform for common policy work and stronger coordination and delivery. This comes at a time of UN ongoing reform, geared towards better support to countries for improved coherence and coordination to achieve the SDGs.
In this regard the UN Resident Coordinator’s Office would like to engage a communications consultant to support full communication of UN engagement and results reporting in country.
Objective and Scope
Leading to a UN Mauritius’ strategic communications strategy and plan for UN engagement in country, the objectives of the Consultancy is to:
- Enhance the image of UN Mauritius as a major social/economic/actor and partner for Mauritius to achieve its national vision and the SDGs
- Inform key target audiences of the relevance of UN’s actions / portfolio
- Increase the visibility of UN Country Team and the UN Resident Coordinator’s Office
- Improve local decision-makers, opinion-makers’ and partners’ knowledge and understanding about UN Mauritius, its activities in general.
- Ensure visibility and full knowledge of the UN Agencies that form the UN Country Team and their contribution to the work of the UN in country
- Select a limited number of events to increase the impact of UN Mauritius’ visibility
- Improve the internal communication in as far as it improves external communication
- Put UN Mauritius values at the heart of its communication/ visibility strategy
- An inception Report on the engagement strategy from November 2019 and beyond.
- A UN Mauritius’ strategic communications strategy and workplan 2020-2021
- Various Communication Materials
- One press conference organized
Duration of the work
The assignment will be for a maximum of 30 working days from 18 November to 31 December 2019
The Consultant will work under the overall guidance of the UN Resident Coordinator and work closely with UNCT and the RC Office in Mauritius.
Applications should be sent through email: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 14 November 2019, Thursday - 16:00 hours Mauritius time (GMT+4 )
Annex A - Letter of confirmation of interest and availability and Submission of financial proposal
Annex B - Model Contact IC
Annex C - UNDP GCC IC
Annex D - P11
Terms of Reference