|Overview : |
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Philippine Country Office is in search of qualified candidates for on-call Drivers to serve the transport needs of the staff of UNDP and other UN agencies.
The On-call driver shall be under the daily supervision of the UNDP Administrative Assistant and with the overall guidance and direction of the Common Services Associate and Operations Team Leader.
The remuneration will be based on hourly rate proposed by the driver.
Each call for service has minimum 4 hours billable to UNDP and will be paid through submission of summary of hours rendered along with the trip tickets at the end of each month.
This post is not regular, non-continuing post and no fixed monthly salary or overtime pay can be expected other than the actual hours rendered in the trip ticket.
Duration of the Work
The initial contract will be for one (1) year and can be extended for another year subject to satisfactory performance evaluation
The on-call driver is expected to work in Manila for the duration of the contract.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide reliable, courteous, timely, safe and secure driving services to UNDP officials, staff, consultants and guests, on an on-call basis within or outside of the metropolis;
- Ensure proper and judicious use of vehicles, with the end-in-view of maintaining the good operational quality, while prolonging the economic life of the vehicles;
- Conduct periodic check-up of vehicles, minor repairs, emergency engine trouble-shooting and tune-up, where needed;
- Assist in the registration of diplomatic and official vehicles, as they come due;
- Ensure accurate and timely accomplishment of trip tickets on a daily basis, aimed at supporting the monthly billing/charges for the driving services to various colleagues;
- Perform other duties as exigency of service may require.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN's values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality, and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism.
Functional and technical competencies
- Ability to work in a diverse and multi-cultural environment;
- Self-motivated and ability to work under pressure and to meet strict and competing deadlines;
- Displays analytical judgment and demonstrated ability to handle confidential and politically sensitive issues in a responsible and mature manner;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
- Computer literate.
Required Skills and Experience
Offers will be evaluated based on combined scoring method :
- Technical Proposal = 70%
- Qualifications 20% (only those who will obtain a passing score of 70 out of 100 points based on the criteria in the table below will be invited for a driving test and interview)
- Driving Test 50%
- Interview 30%
- Financial Proposal = 30%
Maximum Obtainable points
- At least secondary education / high school graduate
(Minimum 14 points for high school graduate, additional points for each additional degree, maximum up to 20 points)
- At least 5 years work experience as driver
(Minimum 35points for 5 years experience, additional points for additional years of experience, maximum up to 50 points)
- Experience in troubleshooting minor vehicle repair
- Experience working on the use of Windows-based systems (MS Office, etc.)
Recommended Presentation of Offer
Offerors must upload in one (1) file the documents below at this given link https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=88736
You may download the editable version of the Offeror's Letter to UNDP Confirming Insterest and Availability for the IC by clicking on this link: http://gofile.me/6xdJm/bE9TCw8fU
- Duly accomplished Offeror's Letter to UNDP Confirming Insterest and Availability for the IC that indicates the all-inclusive lumpsum contract price, supported by a breakdown of costs, as per template provided; If an Offeror is employed by an organization/company/institution, and he/she expects his/her employer to charge a management fee in the process of releasing him/her to UNDP under Reimbursable Loan Agreement (RLA), the Offeror must indicate at this point, and ensure that all such costs are duly incorporated in the financial proposal submitted to UNDP;
- Financial Proposal (Annex 2 of Offeror's Letter to UNDP Confirming Insterest and Availability)
- Personal CV or P11, indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate and at least three (3) professional references;
In view of the volume of applications UNDP receives, only shortlisted offerors will be notified.