Description of the assignment: Consulting Services for Building Energy Efficiency Demonstration (Component 5)
Project name: Building Sector Energy Efficiency Project
Period of assignment/services (if applicable): June 2012
Proposal should be submitted to: United Nations Development Programme, Wisma UN, Block C, Kompleks Pejabat Damansara, Jalan Dungun, Damansara Height, 50490 Kuala Lumpur. (Attn: Procurement Unit)
Please marked with - "MyRFP/2012/003 Consulting Services for Building Energy Efficiency Demonstration (Component 5")
Submission deadline: 4 May 2012 @ 5.00pm
Please find RFP attached.
BSEEP has for its goal the reduction in the annual growth rate of GHG emissions from the Malaysia buildings sector. The project objective is the improvement of the energy utilization efficiency in Malaysian buildings, particularly those in the commercial and government sectors, by promoting the energy conserving design of new buildings and by improving the energy utilization efficiency in the operation of existing buildings. The realization of this objective will be facilitated through the removal of barriers to the uptake of building energy efficiency technologies, systems, and practices. The project is in line with the GEF’s climate change strategic program on Promoting Energy Efficiency in Residential and Commercial Buildings (SP-1). It is comprised of activities aimed at improving energy efficiency and promoting the widespread adoption of energy efficient building technologies and practices in the Malaysian buildings sector. The expected outcomes of the project are the following:
- Outcome 1: Clear and effective system of monitoring and improving the energy performance of the building sector
- Outcome 2: Implementation of, and compliance to, favorable policies that encourage the application of EE technologies in the country’s buildings sector
- Outcome 3: Availability of financial and institutional support for initiatives on EE building technology applications
- Outcome 4: Enhanced awareness of the government, public and the buildings sector on EE building technology applications
- Outcome 5: Improved confidence in the feasibility, performance, energy, environmental and economic benefits of EE building technology applications leading to the replication of the EE technology application demonstrations.
Context of the required contracting of services:
The BSEEP team consists of the National Project Director (NPD), the Chief Technical Adviser (CTA), National Project Manager (NPM) and supported by the project assistants and consultants. The Outcome 5, which relates to Component 5 (Building Demonstration Project), seeks for a company which can provide four (4) consultants 1) Lead Consultant, 2) facade design/daylight design consultant, 3) M&E design consultant and 4) Computer modelling consultants of the energy performance of the 10 demonstration projects. Applicants for this assignment are encouraged to familiarise themselves with the BSEEP Project Document so that the whole and individual Scope of Work for Component 5 is understood including meeting the Annual Targets. The consultants will be based at the JKR office in Kuala Lumpur.