|Overview : |
The United Nations in China is seeking one or two travel service provider/s that can provide a full range of travel services. The different agencies of the United Nations in China and DPRK have a high volume of domestic and international travel business and services for its staff, experts, visitors and missions. The annual purchase volume UN Agencies in China and DPRK is above US$2,900,000.
The Operations Management Group of the United Nations in China wishes to receive Proposal from firms with the ability to provide high quality travel services, including issuance of air tickets, terminal clearance, airport pick-up, hotel bookings, assistance for emergency travel and medical evacuation, processing visa applications, and assistance in arranging for major conferences abroad, etc. The Operations Management Group of the United Nations has designated the UN Travel Committee to conduct the travel service bidding process.
In order you to better understand our requirements and selection criteria, the Committee will hold a Pre-bidding conference at 14:00, Monday, 7 May 2012 in the UN Large Conference Room located at No. 2 Liangmahe Nanlu, Chaoyang District, Beijing. If you wish to attend the Pre-bidding conference, please inform Ms. Li Wei at telephone No. 85320739 (direct line) or 85320800.
1. Your proposal could form the basis for a contract between your firm and Office of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) on behalf of the UN Agencies in China.
2. To enable you to submit a proposal, please find enclosed:
a. Annex I Terms of Reference (TOR), containing a description of UN Agencies requirements for which these services are being sought ------ page 4
b. Annex II: Instructions to Bidders ------ page 12
c. Annex III: Reasons of Bid Rejection------ page 23
d. Annex IV: Performance Standards and service Level Guarantees ------ page 24
e. Annex V: Technical Proposal Format ------ page 27
f. Annex VI: Financial Schedule Format ------ page 31
g. Annex VII: Proposal Submission Form, to be completed and returned with your proposal ------ page 35
h. Annex VIII: Service Provider Overview (Registration Form) ------ page 36
i. Annex: IX: Standard Agreement – Contract ------ page 39
j. Annex X: General Conditions of Contract ------ page 47
This letter is not to be construed in any way as an offer to contract with your firm/institution.
Manner of Submission
3. Your response shall comprise the following documents:
a. Your Proposal
b. Proposal Submission Form (Annex VII)
c. Service Provider Overview (Annex VIII)
d. Costing on fare quotes for frequently travelled sectors listed on Annex VI, Financial Format
4. Proposals must be received by the UN Travel Committee on or before 23 May 2012 no later than 4:00pm. Any proposal received after this date will be rejected. The UN Travel Committee may, at its discretion, extend the deadline for the submission of proposals, by notifying all prospective offerors in writing. The extension of the deadline may accompany a modification of the solicitation documents prepared by the UN Travel Committee at its own initiative or in response to a clarification requested by a prospective offeror.
5. You are requested to hold your proposal valid for 120 days from the deadline for submission. The UN Travel Committee will make its best effort to select a number of firms within this period.
6. Assuming that the evaluation of proposals can be satisfactorily concluded by mid June 2012, the appointment is expected to commence 10 July 2012.
7. If you consider that your firm does not have all the expertise for the assignment, there is no objection to your firm associating with another firm, particularly from another developing country, to enable a full range of expertise to be proposed. The UN Travel Committee strongly encourages association with a local firm in the country of assignment. However, any invited firm may not participate in more than one consolidated proposal. Similarly, a local firm/institution may associate with only one invited firm/institution that is making a proposal.
Any requests for clarification should be address to UNDP registry at
. Any written reply to a particular question may be copied to all other invited firms/institutions, at the discretion of the UN Travel Committee.
9. The UN Travel Committee requires two copies (one Original and one Copy) of the proposal marked “CONFIDENTIAL” submitted to:
The UN Travel Committee
United Nations Compound
2 Liangmahe Nanlu, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100600, China
Ref: RFP on LTA for Travel Service
CONFIDENTIAL, Please do not open
Bid opening (Technical Proposal) shall be conducted by the UN Travel Committee at 4:00 pm, 23 May 2012 at the UN Large Conference Room located at the No. 2 Liangmahe Nanlu, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100600. All bidders are welcome to attend the bids opening as observers. If you wish to participate in the Bid Opening, please inform Ms. Li Wei at telephone No. 85320739 (direct line) or 85320800.