|Overview : |
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Planning and Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
27 Nov 2020
Type of Contract
Duration of Contract:
80 days - December to end March 2020
Consultancy Proposal (CV & Financial proposal Template) should be uploaded on UNDP Jobshop website (https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_jobs.cfm?cur_rgn_id_c=RAS) no later than 27th Nov 2020 (Fiji Time) clearly stating the title of consultancy applied for. Any proposals received after this date/time will not be accepted. Any request for clarification must be sent in writing, or by standard electronic communication to firstname.lastname@example.org. UNDP will respond in writing or by standard electronic mail and will send written copies of the response, including an explanation of the query without identifying the source of inquiry, to all consultants. Incomplete, late and joint proposals will not be considered and only offers for which there is further interest will be contacted. Failure to submit your application as stated as per the application submission guide (Procurement Notice) on the above link will be considered incomplete and therefore application will not be considered.
Proposals must be sent through UNDP job shop web page. Candidates need to upload their CV and financial proposal -using UNDP template.
- Daily rate to be inclusive of Medical insurance cost for the duration of the contract
- Selected Candidate will be required to submit a proof of medical insurance prior to issuance of contract
If the selected/successful Candidate is over 65 years of age and required to travel outside his home country; He/She will be required provide a full medical report at their expense prior to issuance to contract. Contract will only be issued when Proposed candidate is deemed medically fit to undertake the assignment
The UN Resident Coordinator (RC) provides leadership to the Pacific Joint UN Country Team and the UN’s programming work, as outlined in the UN Pacific Strategy, in support of national priorities. The RC has a team composed of national and international staff, forming the Fiji RC Multi-Country Office (RCO), and is based in Suva, Fiji. The RCO Fiji oversees 10 Pacific Small Island Developing States (Pacific SIDS or PSIDS), namely Federated States of Micronesia (FSM), Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Palau, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, and Vanuatu. Twenty-six resident and non-resident UN entities are signatories to the UNPS and members of The Pacific Joint UN Country Team.
The RCO fulfils ten core coordination functions, namely strategic analysis and planning; oversight of the UN country programming cycle; representation of and support of UN Secretariat and UN agencies (incl. non-resident agencies); support to national coordination systems and processes; development and management of shared operational support services; crisis management preparedness and response; external communication and advocacy; human rights and development; joint resource mobilisation and fund management; and general UNCT oversight and coordination.
Planning and Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will be based in the UN Office in Fiji and report directly to the RCO Team Leader. The work includes substantive collaboration with the team in Fiji as well as UN colleagues and national partners in across the Pacific. Tasks include but is not limited to support to planning, coordination, monitoring and reporting of UN’s COVID-19 response and UN country level programming to advance on Agenda 2030 and the SDGs in line with national priorities; and other functions as may be delegated by the RC and / or the RCO Team Leader.
SCOPE OF WORK AND DELIVERABLES
The Consultant is expected to support the following activities:
- Provide coordination support to UNCT/RC for improved UN Country-level programming and partnership building toward a One UN Approach in support of national priorities;
- Support the planning, implementation and monitoring of the UN country-level programming (via Joint Country Action Pans) in response to COVID 19, development challenges, and national priorities;
- Support inter-agency efforts on results and progress monitoring and reporting on the UNPS and Joint Programmes, particularly through UNINFO;
- Work closely with the lead consultant for Common Country Assessment and UNPS CG to develop and support data collection and analysis, review and reporting to develop CCA;
- Provide substantive support to the RC/UNCT in the revision of the COVID-19 Multisectoral Response Plan (MSRP) and support regular monitoring and reporting on the socio-economic response to COVID 19;
- Conduct a comprehensive analysis of donor environment for potential global, regional and local donors, inlcuding private sector and high net worth individuals to map the feasibility of securing multi-year and thematic funding to support the implementation of the COVID -19 MSRP;
- Produce a resource mobilization strategic document for UNCT Fiji that would enable to fill financial gaps in COVID -19 MSRP as well as to develop an implementation plan for the strategy;
- Support design and formulation of joint programmes or joint programming initiatives as well as support the implementation, monitoring and reporting of existing ones to ensure a coherent UN approach to COVID 19 response;
- Provide support to advancing some of the strategic engagements under COVID -19 MSRP, such as greening of the tourism initiative, sustainable agriculture and livelihoods, climate change etc;
- Provide support to the operationalization of the Inter- agency Working Group on Data Management, Monitoring and Evaluation and development of the workplan for 2021.
- Monthly progress reports detailing achievements across key areas of work.
Consultant is expected to be based in Suva, Fiji during the duration of this assignment.
The Consultant will physically work from the United Nations Resident Coordinator’s Office (RCO) and will report directly to the RCO Team Leader.
REQUIREMENTS FOR EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
The consultant should have Minimum Masters degree in social sciences, international relations, development studies, business or related field
A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in country level programming, policy analysis, sustainable development and the SDGs, development coordination, monitoring and evaluation and implementation of development policies and strategies in a governmental, multilateral or civil society organization context required
Demonstrated in-depth experience in providing policy advice and developing programmatic solutions, tools and methodology
Excellent writing, planning, research, communication and reporting skills and demonstrated ability to perform well in a multi-cultural environment
Fluency in English, excellent oral and written communication skills and outstanding interpersonal skills-
Evaluation Method and Criteria:
Individual consultants will be evaluated based on the cumulative analysis methodology.
The award of the contract shall be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
a) responsive/compliant/acceptable, and
b) Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial
criteria specific to the solicitation: Technical Criteria 70% (as indicated above in Experience and
Qualifications section) and Financial Criteria 30%.
Only candidates obtaining a minimum of 49 points (70% of the total technical points) would be
considered for the Financial Evaluation.
Technical Criteria – Maximum 70 points
- Criteria 1 - A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in country level programming, policy analysis, sustainable development and the SDGs, development coordination, monitoring and evaluation and implementation of development policies and strategies in a governmental, multilateral or civil society organization context required - 25%
- Criteria 2 - Demonstrated in-depth experience in providing policy advice and developing programmatic solutions, tools and methodology - 15%
- Criteria 3 - Minimum Masters degree in social sciences, international relations, development studies, business or related field - 15%
- Criteria 4 - Excellent writing, planning, research, communication and reporting skills and demonstrated ability to perform well in a multi-cultural environment- 10%
- Criteria 5 - Fluency in English, excellent oral and written communication skills and outstanding interpersonal skills- 5%
DOCUMENTS TO BE INCLUDED WHEN SUBMITTING THE PROPOSALS.
Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications in one single PDF document:
Offerors must send the following Mandatory documents:
- CV including names/contacts of at least 3 referees;
- A cover letter indicating why the candidate considers himself/herself suitable for the required consultancy.
- Completed template for confirmation of Interest and Submission of Financial Proposal.
Consultancy Proposal (CV & Financial proposal Template) should be uploaded on UNDP Jobshop website (https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_jobs.cfm?cur_rgn_id_c=RAS) no later than 10th Nov 2020 (Fiji Time) clearly stating the title of consultancy applied for.
Note: Successful individual will be required to provide proof of medical insurance coverage before commencement of contract for the duration of the assignment.
Incomplete and joint proposals may not be considered. Consultants with whom there is further interest will be contacted.
Individuals applying for this consultancy will be reviewed based on their own individual capacity. The successful individual may sign an Individual Contract with UNDP or request his/her employer to sign a Reimbursable Loan Agreement (RLA) on their behalf by indicating this in the Offerors letter to Confirming Interest and Availability.
In general, UNDP shall not accept travel costs exceeding those of an economy class ticket. Should the IC wish to travel on a higher class he/she should do so using their own resources
In the event of unforeseeable travel not anticipated in this TOR, payment of travel costs including tickets, lodging and terminal expenses should be agreed upon, between the respective business unit and the Individual Consultant, prior to travel and will be reimbursed.
For any clarification regarding this assignment please write to email@example.com.
Women candidates are encouraged to apply.