|Overview : |
Expression of Interest (EOI) to Pre-qualify Audit firms
1. Job Description
The UNDP Country Office invites Expressions of Interest (EOI) in order to pre-qualify international and national audit firms to conduct audit services for the following categories of Projects:
1. Projects Directly Implemented by UNDP
2. Projects Implemented by National and International NGOs including CSOs
2. Audit d Objectives – Purpose of Audit
The overall scope and purpose of the audit will be as follow:
1. The audit will cover the period from 1st January 2013 to 31st December 2013.
2. To determine the regularity of the receipt, custody, expenditure, and accounting for UNDP resources; and
3. To assess the overall operational and internal control system for the management of the projects.
4. The selected audit firm shall conduct the audit in accordance with International Standards of Auditing to achieve the following objectives: A Financial Audit to express an opinion on the project’s financial statements that includes:
• Expression of an opinion on whether the statement of expenses presents fairly the expense incurred by the project over a specified period in accordance with UNDP accounting policies (IPSAS) and that the expenses incurred were: (i) in conformity with the approved project budgets; (ii) for the approved purposes of the project; (iii) in compliance with the relevant regulations and rules, policies and procedures of the Government/NGO or UNDP; and (iv) supported by properly approved vouchers and other supporting documents. The Combined Delivery Report (CDR) is the mandatory and official statement of expenses to be certified. Other forms of statement of expenses that may be prepared by a project office are not accepted.).
• Whether the result of the prior year’s audits resulting in modified audit opinions on the UNDP CDR had conclusive actions to properly address an audit qualification in the previous year audit and the related Net Financial Impact (NFI). If there is a lack of conclusive actions, the auditors must take into account the possible effect of a prior year modified opinion that has not been properly corrected or resolved.
• Expression of an opinion on the value and existence of the project’s statement of assets and equipment as at a given date. This statement must include all assets and equipment available as at 31 December 2013, and not