|Overview : |
BACKGROUND / PROJECT DESCRIPTION
Improving the provision of waste management services and urban greenery development in Ethiopian towns and cities is one among the major national priorities identified by the Government of Ethiopia. The Ministry of Urban Development, Housing and Construction (MUDHCo) has prepared climate change resilient strategies and standards for both solid waste management and urban greenery development. The documents provide the towns and cities with an overall framework necessary for the effective design, implementation and operation of ISWM systems for urban green infrastructure development.
. . .
SCOPE OF THE WORK
The international Integrated Solid Waste Management (ISWM) consultant, in coordination with the international UGI expert as well as the national ISWM and UGI experts, will lead the assignment preparation of a full project document which includes a UNDP-GEF project document, a GEF CEO Endorsement Request, a UNDP Environment & Social Safeguards Screening and a GEF climate change mitigation Tracking Tool, all ready for submission to UNDP and GEF. UNDP Ethiopia will lead the project preparation process and manage the Project Preparation Grant (PPG) budget/phase. The UNDP Ethiopia country office will perform the selection and recruitment of PPG consultants, develop ToRs, arrange travel and meetings, and arrange project disbursements in collaboration with the Ministry of Urban Development, Housing and Construction (MUDHCo).
During the PPG phase, a number of studies and stakeholder consultations will be undertaken with the view to further develop the approved project concept into a fully formulated project document within an indicative period of approximately 6 months.
. . .
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE SUCCESSFUL INDIVIDUAL CONTRACTOR (IC)
- Advanced degree in solid waste management, sustainable cities and environment, Urban Greening and Beautification, urban environment and climate change or related discipline
- At least 7 years of experience in urban environment management, urban green infrastructure, solid waste management, urban development or climate change mitigation.
- Proven track record of needs assessment and investment plan preparation or relevant experience of similar work related to climate change, sustainable development and urban environmental management is preferred
- Proven extensive knowledge of institutional needs analysis, and a detailed understanding of the institutional context of Ethiopia;
- Knowledge of the CRGE initiatives and the Ethiopian Green Economy Strategy.
- Experience in working with international organizations, including UNDP, is preferred but not required.
- Familiarity with the GEF – and particularly GEF project preparation – and with the international climate finance architecture is desirable.
- Excellent analytical, writing, communication and reporting skills in English.
- Ability to deliver on time.
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the UN’s values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats all people fairly without favouritism;
- Fulfils all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment.
- Strictly follow the instructions indicated in the IC Proposal Submission Form uploaded hereto.
- Group of Individuals and/or Firms are not eligible for this consultancy assignment (open only for individual consultant).
The following proposals must be prepared as per the IC Proposal Submission Instructions. The Proposals shall be submitted before application deadline July 13, 2015 via UNDP Ethiopia Secured mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Technical Proposal in pdf
- Financial Proposal in pdf
Please note that these proposals shall be submitted to the designated secured email into two files but in one email unless both Files are Greater than 9MB file size
- Failing to submit anyone of the documents stated above will automatically disqualify the candidate from further technical evaluation;
- Those prospect consultants who fail to submit both Technical and Financial proposals as per the IC Proposal Submission Form and to the designated secured email will not be further considered for evaluation.
EMAIL SUBJECT LINE WHILE SUBMITTING PROPOSAL: