|Overview : |
In 2015/16, Southern Africa experienced a severe drought induced by the El Niño weather condition. The El Niño phenomenon that persisted during the 2015/16 planting season caused the worst drought in 35 years in southern Africa. This resulted in a wide spread humanitarian emergency with an estimated 40 million people in need of humanitarian assistance according to vulnerability assessments and analysis. The drought severely affected food security and nutrition and livelihoods of the majority of the population in the region especially in seven most affected countries (Angola, Democratic Republic of Congo, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe). This was the second, and in some cases third, consecutive year of drought in many areas. The severe drought conditions led to a widespread crop failure, poor harvests and loss of livelihoods. For detailed information, please refer to Annex I- Terms of Reference (ToR);
Download both TOR and RFP Proposal Submission Form from the following link: http://procurement-notices.undp.org/edit_notice.cfm?notice_id=36877;
Strictly follow the instructions indicated in the IC Proposal Submission Form uploaded hereto; and
Group of Individuals are not eligible for this consultancy
The following proposals must be prepared as per the RFP Proposal Submission Instructions. The Proposals shall be submitted on or before application deadline April 24, 2017 via UNDP Ethiopia Secured mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Technical Proposal in pdf under file name: RSC-IC-2017-006 – TP - [insert your name];
- Financial Proposal in pdf under file name: RSC-IC-2017-006– FP - [insert your name];
- Please note that these proposals shall be submitted to the designated secured email into two files but in one email unless both Files are Greater than 9MB file size.
- A candidate applying only by uploading CV to this job site will not be considered. Instead, both Technical and Financial Proposals shall be submitted to UNDP Secured email: email@example.com
- Those prospect consultants who fail to submit both Technical and financial proposals as per the standard format and to the designated secured email will not be further considered for evaluation.
- Please group all your documents into single PDF document as the system only allows to upload maximum one document.
- While submitting your proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org be sure your email subject line is RSC-IC-2017-006 in order to let our Office easily locate your respective proposals from secured email and be considered in subsequent evaluations.