UNDP Somalia is seeking the support of five coordinators in the design, facilitation, implementation and monitoring of youth-related social innovation initiatives, including social innovation camps, hackathons, open innovation challenges and innovation-focused capacity building programs, under the overall guidance and supervision of the Innovation Specialist.
Innovate for Somalia aims to design, test and pilot several innovation approaches and activities.
Expected outputs and Deliverables:
The Innovation Camps coordinator will support the design and implementation of the ‘Innovate Somalia’ programme which covers the followings:
1. Coordinate, monitor and execute the planning and implementation of the I4S activities, as assigned by the Innovation Specialist;
2. Organize, facilitate and implement events, workshops and conferences relevant to I4S;
3. Research and select global innovation trends and methodologies to be explored, implemented and scaled through the I4S;
4. Draft and finalize concept notes, proposals and project documents relevant to the Innovation 4 Development
5. Prepare progress reports and evaluations of the I4S activities as needed;
6. Lead design of open innovation challenges
7. Provide capacity building for the existing team/ young social innovators to carry out future social innovation programmes/ activities
8. Coordinate the follow up activities after the Innovation camps
9. Ensure lessons learnt feed back into future programme design.
10. Provide other support and assistance as required.
The innovation camps will fall into the following categories:
Small size innovation camp (6 Days) preparation 4 Days (Max) + follow up 5 days (Max)
Medium size Innovation Camp (12 Days) + preparation 6 Days (Max) + follow up 7 Days (Max)
Open innovation challenge (21 Days) + Preparation 10 Days (Max) + Follow up 15 Days (Max)
Concept notes / report max (4 Days)
Depending on the Project document / Applications, the time taken to accomplish the tasks will be as follows:
Up to $500,000.00- 10 days (Maximum)
$500,000.00 to $2,000,000.00- 20 Days (Maximum)
Above $2,000,000.00- 30 Days (Maximum)
Mentoring / coaching project staff / entrepreneurs (per hour – Day (8 Hours).