|Overview : |
Under the overall supervision of the UNOCHA Admin and Finance Associate in Cotabato, and in close coordination with the Head of UNOCHA Cotabato Sub-Office, the Driver shall provide timely and appropriate assistance to the Sub-Office. He/ She may be required to service the operations and programme staff of OCHA Cotabato as well as other OCHA related missions.
The Driver provides basic administrative and other support to the UNOCHA Sub offices in Mindanao as required. He/She needs to demonstrate a high degree of commitment, responsibility and reliability in fulfilling these functions as well as willingness to develop his/her capacities in respect of administrative and other support functions.
The driver will report to OCHA Cotabato Sub-office in on-call basis only (as needs arises).
SCOPE OF WORK
- Pick and drop off the staff during all working days and drive them on official trips in and outside of Cotabato city as directed by the direct supervisor and according to the security and transportation procedures of the UN OCHA, ensuring safe and on time arrival of staff to the duty station/destinations and back as required;
- Remain flexible for travelling to outside of Cotabato city and working additional hours if required;
- Full compliance with implementation of all security measures for the passengers and the vehicle during all trips regardless of the location, destination and distance of travel.
Ensures maintenance and keeping of the vehicle functionality at all times, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- nsure proper maintenance of the vehicle, cleanliness, and regular checking of the vehicle parts, as described on the driver’s checklist;
- Maintain the vehicle logbook properly filled out with fleet information as well as invoices for fuel and maintenance of the vehicle and making sure it is signed by the authorizing officer;
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc., performs minor repairs and arranges for other repairs and ensures that the vehicle is kept clean and ready for use;
- Report immediately to direct supervisor of any accidents, mechanical failure occurring during a trip in or outside the city;
- Keep records use of vehicle daily mileage trips, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc.
- Use radio communication and carry out tasks as directed by the supervisor and shall remain vigilant and professional all the times;
Ensure provision of Administrative support focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Perform any other relevant duty as required.
- Pleasant personality, clean and well groomed;
- Perform any other relevant duties as required;
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair;
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of security issues, confidentiality and time management;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure.
- Familiarity on Lanao Del Sur and Lanao Del Norte Province road network is an advantage but not required
DURATION OF WORK
3 months with possibility of extension
SCHEDULE OF PAYMENTS AND DELIVERABLES
On a monthly basis based on the actual hours or days rendered.
Contracts based on hourly / daily rate
- 3-4 years’ work experience as a driver; safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair
- Experience in UN Agencies
Criteria for selection process:
The offer will evaluated based on the Combined Scoring method – where the qualifications will be weighted a max. of 70%, and combined with the financial offer which will be weighted a max of 30%.
- Duly accomplished Letter of Confirmation of Interest and Availability (Financial Proposal Template) using the template provided by UNDP;
Personal Curriculum Vitae, indicating all past experiences from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the candidate and at least three (3) professional references;
Application requirements should be emailed to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 14 July 2018.
Attachments in this link:
- Financial Proposal Template and Terms and Conditions for Consultants.
In view of the volume of applications UNDP receives, only shortlisted offerors will be notified.