|Overview : |
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) hereby invites you to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) to be part of a short list of companies/firms that will be invited to submit proposals in a Request for Proposal (RFP) for the above-referenced subject.
SUMMARY OF PROPOSAL:
In March 2017, CARISECURE beneficiary countries participated in a study tour and knowledge exchange in Belize. During the tour participants were exposed to the processes and current practices in Belize that support automated data collection, analysis, and sharing amongst government agencies and with the public. After the study tour, there was a request from participants for the CariSECURE project to consider a crime-reporting database that is shared by all via a network, and which permits access by different users.
To advance the recommendations made by project beneficiaries, UNDP is seeking to contract a Company to:
- Pilot and Install a Web Based Integrated Prisons Information Management Systems (Pri-MIS)
- To propose the terms of a three (3) year support service and maintenance agreement.
The Company will therefore cover the design/customization of a web enabled Prisons Information Management Systems and integrate existing data of prison authorities in target countries, thus enabling the system to produce dashboard type reports and information.
Web Based Platform
The sought Pri-MIS should be web-based; that is, all user types should be able to access the system using a standard web browser on any Internet connected device, without the requirement of installing additional software on the user device. The system shall be accessible anytime, anywhere, via an Internet connection. The application should be web-browser independent.
Additionally, in order to facilitate data communications among domestic and international law enforcement agencies, bidders must ensure that the application is designed to support the UNODC International Classification of crime for Statistical Purposes.
The Objective of the anticipated services is the following:
- To procure a Prisons Management Information System (Pri-MIS) for use in the prison departments of the pilot territories.
- To customize, test and deploy the procured solution for Beta release to the pilot stakeholders.
- To further verify that the customized solution meets the stakeholder's needs through user assessment and training workshops in the target countries.
- To integrate existing data from Prison Authorities in target countries
- To deploy the application for operational use in the target countries.
- To deliver administrator training together with the related user and administrator manuals to facilitate operational handover in pilot countries.
- To produce detailed documentation of the customized solution's interfaces /APIs / procedures for integrating / data sharing with other related systems for police management, judiciary, etc.; The Service provider shall provide the following services:
More information on the UNODC International Classification of crime for Statistical Purposes can be found at: http://www.unodc.org/unodc/en/data-and-analysis/statistics/iccs.html