|Overview : |
UNDP Ethiopia would like to invite interested and qualified individuals to submit their CV, Techncial proposal and Financail proposal for the assignment of individual contract as PRogramme Associate for he Ethiopian Diaspora Trust Fund .
The Ethiopian Diaspora Trust Fund is an organization established by Diaspora Community in response to Prime Minister Dr. Abiy Ahmed’s call for a dollar a day to support the poor and disadvantaged in Ethiopia. In his speech at the Parliament he asked the Diaspora community to join hands against poverty and build social and economic infrastructures, increase access to education and health services, create jobs to young men and women and enhance entrepreneurship and innovation. This was the basis for the formation of EDTF, which began mobilizing financial contribution from across the globe where significant number of Ethiopian diasporas are living. Subsequently a Secretariat has been established in Addis Abeba to translate EDTF’s development objectives into practical engagement with local partners and stakeholders and implement various social and economic development projects that benefit the poor people in the country.
The major activities of the Secretariat include developing partnership with relevant government offices, civil society organizations, NGOs, private sector participants as well as institutions of learning. It will also undertake project appraisal, approval, monitoring and evaluation activities as well as wider communication with donors and other stakeholders for collaboration and increased resource mobilization. The Secretariat consists of the Executive Director and the programme team who would require administrative, logistical, liaising and communication support for which this job is advertised.
The Programme Asscoaite shall be the point of contact with external communication and manages the information flow and the Executive Directors calendar including meetings and travels.
Project/Program Title: Programme support to the Ethiopian Diaspora Trust Fund Secretariat.
Type of the contract: Individual Consultant (IC)
Supervisor: EDTF and UNDP Ethiopia
Duration: 12 months with possiblity of extension dependin on performace, budget availability
Expected Starting Date: Immediately after concluding Contract Agreement
You are hereby strongly advised to refer to the attached Request for Proposal that includes the Terms of Reference (ToR) for detail background, key deliverables, duties, responsibilities and minimum criteria for qualification. Please use the attached Request for Proposal Submission Form while applying.
Proposal should be submitted at the following address or email no later than 04 June 2019 at 05:30PM in the Afternoon (UTC+03:00 Addis Ababa/Nairobi Time Zone).
Via our secured e-mail address:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- BA Degree or above in relevant social sciences fields. With more than 5 years of working experience and Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Proven work experience as Programme Associate or similar roles;
- Experience in monitoring project performance;
- Strong experience in report writing;
- Solid experience with office management systems, MS Office and Database Management Systems;
- Strong communication skills;
- Fluency in writing and speaking in Amharic and English;
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work;
- Knowledge and experience in social and economic development programmes is an advantage;
Qualfieid individuals are required to submit
1. undated CV
2. Breif Techncial proposal containing
1.1 Letter of Motivation
- Briefly explain why you are the most suitable for the consultancy service you applied for.
1.2 Proposed Methodology for the Completion of Consultancy Services
The consultant must describe how it will address/deliver:
- A detailed approach and/or methodology you plan to apply or conduct the to meet the demands of the ToR;
- Providing a detailed description of the essential performance characteristics (if any);
- Any other information pertinent to it.
1.3 Past experience in similar projects and/or consultancy services
Track Record – list of clients for similar consultancy services and/or projects as those required by UNDP, indicating description of contract scope, contract duration, contract value,
3. Financail Proposal( in Ethiopia BIRR)
- Lump sum monthly fee payable upon submision of Progress report
The application of those who fulfil the minimum qualification criteria will be evaluated.
For any clarifications please submit your request to Mrs. TB through firstname.lastname@example.org; Please note Proposal should only be submitted to : email@example.com