|Overview : |
LGCDP II jointly with UNCDF seeks to build a Roster of Experts on Revenue Improvement Action Plans (RIAP), drawing on individual national experts to assist Local Governments in supporting the revenue improvement. Furthermore, given that there is a very limited number of Experts in this field, and given the growing demand and low coverage of RIAPs completed to date, there is a need to ensure the availability of several competent RIAP Experts who can provide TA support based on demand by LGs. With the intention of having a number of qualified Experts available in the Roster who are updated on the directives, laws and Acts and methodologies on preparing quality RIAPs; a one-week training comprising of both theoretical and practical exposure will be included.
Interested candidates will be required to possess the qualifications, experience and other competencies/ requirements outlined below. Women candidates are also strongly encouraged to apply.
- Master level education in Economics, Management, Accountancy, Public Finance, Municipal Finance, Local Government, Taxation, Public Administration or any relevant subject from a recognized university.
- At least two years of work experience;
- Relevant Experience and knowledge on working on Local Government will be an added advantage.
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation and other capacity development training facilitation support will also be an added advantage.
- Fluent in written and spoken Nepali and work proficiency in English
- Report writing skills will be an added advantage
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Excellent communications and facilitation skills
- Knowledge in the use of computers and office software packages, proficient in the use of computers to enter and analyses data in Excel sheet
Interested applicants need to submit the following:
- What to submit: CV, application letter outlining why you are applying for the Roster
- How to submit:
- Vial e-submission to the following email firstname.lastname@example.org – clearly mentioning in the subject line "UNDP/EOI/01/2019- EOI for the RIAP Expert Roster”
When to submit: The deadline to receive the Expression of interest must be delivered to the email address by 4 June 2019 5:00 pm