|Overview : |
Deadline revise to August 14, 2019
Ghana has committed to a voluntary forty-five per cent greenhouse emission cut below the 2030 business-as-usual emissions of seventy-four million tonnes in its Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs). The forty-five per cent target translates into two million and two hundred tonnes emissions reduction annually over the 2016-2030 period. Of the forty-five per cent, fifteen per cent is unconditional mitigation target which Ghana is unilaterally seeking to achieve. An additional thirty per cent conditional emission reduction at the instance of international support. Twenty energy, transport, forestry and waste mitigation measures have been prioritised to achieve the overall forty-five per cent mitigation commitments.
SCOPE OF WORK
The EPA/MESTI team will detail out the design and operations of the national emission unit registry and test run the registry with real-life dataset. Typically, emission registry have two interconnected functional components. The component one is the hardware which IT, data storage, security and network infrastructure. Component two is the soft covering the management and operation of the hardware and data flows
- At least a Master’s degree in environmental science, environmental management, statistics, or a related field.
- At least 10 years’ experience with developing and auditing GHG accounting systems and in assessing the environmental impacts of climate change in developing countries
- Proven understanding of climate and mitigation outcome reporting procedures, including CDM and Gold Standard to ensure transparent and robust MRV.
HOW TO APPLY
- See the Documents section above for the detailed Annex I-Terms of Reference and Submission Documents.
BID SUBMISSION INSTRUCTION:
- Strictly follow the instructions indicated in the IC Proposal Submission Form uploaded hereto
For detailed information, please refer to Annex I- Terms of Reference (ToR)
The Consultant is required to have the above mentioned professional and technical qualifications. Only the applicants who hold these qualifications are advised to submit their respective bid proposals
The following proposals must be prepared as per the prescribed standard format indicated in the respective IC Bid Document. The Proposals shall be submitted before its deadline on August 8, 2019, via UNDP Ghana Secured mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Technical Proposal in pdf under file name: UNDP.GHA.2019.116-IC – TP - [insert Name]
- Financial Proposal in pdf under file name: UNDP.GHA.2019.116-IC – FP - [insert Name]
Please note that these proposals shall be submitted to the designated secured email into two files but in one email unless both Files are Greater than 9MB file size
EMAIL SUBJECT LINE WHILE SUBMITTING PROPOSAL:
- While submitting your proposals to email@example.com be sure your email subject line is UNDP.GHA.2019.116-IC