|Overview : |
At the UN climate change conference in Paris in December 2015, 196 countries adopted the Paris Agreement – the first ever, legally binding universal pact that sets out a global action plan for limiting global warming to “well below 2°C” starting from 2020. Ghana is one of the Parties who joined this Paris Agreement and had submitted its Intended Nationally Determined Contributions (INDC) plan containing a set of 31 adaptation and mitigation actions that will be implemented between 2020-2030 with the view first to build resilience to climate change and reduce GHG emissions within the context of sustainable development. These actions cover seven sectors (Water, Health, Agriculture, Waste, Energy, Transport and Disaster Risk and Climate Service) to be implemented over a 10 year period.
SCOPE OF WORK
Under the direction of the Lead of the NDC Support Programme at MESTI and the gender focal point at UNDP, the NDC Gender Working Group and other relevant stakeholders, the team of national consultant in coordination with an international consultant will perform the following task:
- Conduct a Gender Analysis in five sectors of Ghana in Ghana
Carry out an in-depth gender analysis to better understand where women and men are situated in climate change in the five priority sectors listed above, the barriers for women’s empowerment and participation in contributing to each sector, and the opportunities for policy articulation to strengthen the integration of gender equality into NDC planning and implementation processes.
- Advanced University degree in in any of the related areas: gender, climate change, environment, sustainable development. social sciences, human rights, or comparable academic qualifications.
- At least seven (7) years of progressively advanced and relevant professional experience in conducting gender analysis, mainstreaming gender in development projects and policies..
HOW TO APPLY
- See the Documents section above for the detailed Annex I-Terms of Reference and Submission Documents.
BID SUBMISSION INSTRUCTION:
- Strictly follow the instructions indicated in the IC Proposal Submission Form uploaded hereto
For detailed information, please refer to Annex I- Terms of Reference (ToR)
The Consultant is required to have the above mentioned professional and technical qualifications. Only the applicants who hold these qualifications are advised to submit their respective bid proposals
The following proposals must be prepared as per the prescribed standard format indicated in the respective IC Bid Document. The Proposals shall be submitted before its deadline on December 13, 2019, via UNDP Ghana Secured mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Technical Proposal in pdf under file name: UNDP.GHA.2019.225-IC – TP - [insert Name]
- Financial Proposal in pdf under file name: UNDP.GHA.2019.225-IC – FP - [insert Name]
Please note that these proposals shall be submitted to the designated secured email into two files but in one email unless both Files are Greater than 9MB file size
EMAIL SUBJECT LINE WHILE SUBMITTING PROPOSAL:
- While submitting your proposals to email@example.com be sure your email subject line is UNDP.GHA.2019.225.IC