|Overview : |
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), within the framework of its “Supporting Public Administration Reform in Georgia” Project, is launching an analytical essay contest on the topic of “Data for Enhanced Public Administration”.
The goal of the contest is to encourage the development of analytical essays based on the Mid-Term Review of the ongoing Public Administration Reform in Georgia.
Rules for participation and evaluation criteria:
- Submitted analytical essays must be related to Public Administration Reform implemented in Georgia. Possible topics include: public policy, civil service reform and public service delivery. Data analysis from gender and/or rural/urban perspective is strongly encouraged.
- Each participant may send several essays (preferably on different topics).
- The main part of the article must be based on the Mid-Term Review of the Public Administration Reform.
- Use of visualizations (e.g. graphs, diagrams, infographics, etc.) will be considered as an asset.
- The article must be submitted either in Georgian or in English language.
6. Structure of the Article:
- Cover page with information about the author: name, surname, date of birth;
- Key findings;
- Main body;
- Bibliography / Annexes.
7. Technical specifications: the essays must be submitted as a Word document; number of pages: 3-5 (without graphs and annexes); font: Sylfaen, size - 12; line spacing - 1.15; and margin: Normal.
8. The analysis included in the submitted essay must belong to the author. Plagiarism will result in disqualification.
9. Essays that have already been published will not be accepted.
Participant should meet one of the following criteria:
- Be at least a master’s level student at an accredited University in Georgia or abroad;
- Has research experience in Georgia or abroad.
First place – Personal Computer
Second place – Tablet
Third place – Portable External Hard Drive
Deadline for submission of the analytical essays is COB 15 November 2019.
Essays may only be submitted electronically to: email@example.com, by indicating ‘Data for Enhanced Public Administration’ in the subject line.
All supporting documents can be downloaded from the following link:
For more information about the contest contact us between 10:00 - 19:00, from Monday to Friday:
The contest is carried out with the financial support of the UK aid from the UK Government.