III. Scope of Work
UNDP seeks to engage the services of an Individual Consultant to to support the communication needs of the SHIELD Programme, particularly audiovisual materials, including but not limited to audiovisual brochures, and video narrative features for SHIELD and its components. The materials will be cascaded on the communication channels of SHIELD partners and consortium members, including but not limited to the social media accounts and web pages of the Australian Embassy, the Department of the Interior and Local Government, Office of the Civil Defense, Department of Science and Technology, UN Habitat, NRC, PBSP, and CBCS; SHIELD email newsletter and blog microsite, and the UNDP Philippines website and social media accounts. Specific objectives will include:
1. Reintroduce and popularize, to its stakeholders and the general public, SHIELD’s vision, proposed outcomes, and its strategies for resilience within each of its project areas;
2. Contribute to a consistent audiovisual identification and branding of SHIELD, for use in internal and external events, and in concurrence with the branding guidelines of the Australian Embassy, UNDP, and SHIELD partners and consortium members; and
3. Present the progress of SHIELD’s outcomes in each of its components through compelling stories in audiovisual format.
The Individual Contractor is expected to accomplish the following activities with corresponding deliverables:
1. Video brochure for the SHIELD Programme. With conceptual support and guidance from the SHIELD Support Services Unit, create a storyboard and video/animated content for the Overview of the SHIELD Program. Full version of the overview video should be no more than five (5) minutes, with a one (1)-minute abridged version for social media.
Videos should be in mp4 format, in H.264 video compression format, and ready for posting on video sharing platforms (1920 x 1080p). Shorter version should be ready for posting on social media (1200x720).
2. Video overview of SHIELD Programme Components. Taking off from the SHIELD programme overview, produce a summary video for each of its three (3) components. Videos should be no more than one and a half (1 1/2) minutes each. Videos should be in mp4 format, in H.264 video compression format, and ready for posting on video sharing platforms (1920 x 1080p) and on social media (1200x720).
3. Video stories for events and features. Produce four (4) compelling video stories, of no more than three (3) minutes, narrating the results and progress of and lessons learned from the SHIELD’s programme sites, particularly on how the programme contributed to improving the resilience of people, businesses, and communities in these sites. Videos should be in mp4 format, in H.264 video compression format, and ready for posting on video sharing platforms (1920 x 1080p) and on social media (1200x720). Storyboards for each video will crafted with support from the SHIELD Support Services Unit and the UNDP Philippines Country Office Communications Team.
4. Motion graphics for SHIELD Branding elements. Animate the SHIELD logo and its branding/design elements for its audiovisual and virtual events/assets. Produce design templates for captions, tickers, transitions, and other AV elements for live or canned content to ensure consistency.
5. Repository of videos and visual elements. With the Knowledge Management Analyst, maintain one (1) working folder for videos produced under the SHIELD project.