|Introduction : |
Description of the Assignment:
OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The UNODC seeks a consultant to provide substantive direction, guidance and recommendations through the conduct of regular updates on the maritime security situation in the ZamBaSulTa area. The consultant is expected to compile regular maritime security updates, review current and emerging security threats, and conduct risk assessments which can be a combination of on-ground and desk research.
This activity, which is on its second phase, aims to support maritime law enforcement agencies and maritime stakeholders in:
• Identifying current and emerging maritime security threats to analyse shortcomings in the existing institutional and/or legal frameworks; and
• developing appropriate responses to counter maritime crimes, particularly in southern Philippines.
SCOPE OF WORK
Under the overall supervision of the UNODC GMCP Programme Coordinator (Southeast Asia and the Pacific) based in Bangkok, and with close coordination with the National Programme Officer based in Manila, the consultant will perform the following tasks:
Deliverable A - 15 days
• Secure discussions with national decision makers and practitioners in MLE agencies in the Philippines on the current maritime security situation in southern Philippines, in particular the ZamBaSulTa area
• Prepare a directory of critical maritime stakeholders in the maritime areas of interest and provide initial risk registry of threats
Deliverable B – 15 days
• Provide quarterly/bi-annual/assessment reports on the current and evolving maritime security situation in the ZamBaSulTa. Research can be done as field visits and/or desk review
• Provide recommendations to address reported maritime security threats
• Present findings to relevant MLE agencies such as the Philippine Coast Guard, National Coast Watch Center, and the Philippine National Police Maritime Group at a ZamBaSulTa MLE Forum
Period of assignment/services 30-person days
Proposal should be submitted directly in the portal no later than indicated deadline.
Any request for clarification must be sent in writing via messaging functionality in the portal. UNDP will respond in writing including an explanation of the query without identifying the source of inquiry.
Please indicate whether you intend to submit a bid by creating a draft response without submitting directly in the system. This will enable the system to send notifications in case of amendments of the tender requirements. Should you require further clarifications, kindly communicate using the messaging functionality in the system. Offers must be submitted directly in the system following this link: http://supplier.quantum.partneragencies.org using the profile you may have in the portal. In case you have never registered before, you can register a profile using the registration link shared via the procurement notice and following the instructions in guides available in UNDP website: https://www.undp.org/procurement/business/resources-for-bidders. Do not create a new profile if you already have one. Use the forgotten password feature in case you do not remember the password or the username from previous registration.