|Introduction : |
Country: Papua New Guinea
Background: The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is seeking a qualified Grants Management Consultant to support the management of both new and existing grants within the organization. The consultant will play a crucial role in ensuring efficient and effective grants administration, compliance with donor requirements, and successful project implementation.
This consultancy will be working within the Gender portfolio on the Strongpla Meri, Strongpla Nesen project. The Strongpla Meri, Strongpla Nesen project proposes three main areas of work, which build on UNDPs existing engagements with national partners in order to ensure that additional funding can be utilised to achieve immediate impacts. These are presented below:
1. Law enforcement (e.g., FSVUs, CID) across the country supported to more effectively provide services to address gender-based violence, including through improved case management capacity.
2. Communications campaign rolled out to build community understanding of the role of law enforcement in addressing GBV.
3. Services for GBV survivors delivered through the establishment and/or expansion of safe houses.
Under the Strongpla Meri, Strongpla Nesen project, UNDP is initiating a grants process for CSOs to implement UNDP’s work for capacity improvements required for safe house services dedicated to women at risk of, or experiencing gender-based violence. The objective of this project is to enhance the experience of the victim-survivor within the safe house service. This is through improving safety, security, and functionality of the safe house facility, improving the capacity of the front-line staff members to deliver therapeutic support, and holistically ensuring a conducive environment for survivors of gender-based violence.
The objectives of the grant funding are:
• Increased access to therapeutic services such as counselling, legal support and health.
• Strengthened capacity within front-line staff in skill development through training.
• Safe house service sites are a safe and secure environment for the resident survivors.
Description of the Assignment: The objectives of this consultancy role are as follow:
i. Oversee and manage the grants that have been approved by UNDP, providing guidance to grantees to complete grant documentation.
ii. Provide capacity development to CSOS on grant reporting requirements, ensuring reports are prepared in a timely manner with safe house services.
iii. Provide technical guidance and capacity building to implementing partners on preparing grant proposals for future funding based in identified projects at service level.
iv. Provide technical guidance and capacity building to implementing partners on preparing annual operation budgets and narrative reports for successful service delivery.
These will be done through:
· Working closely with the Strogpla Meri, Strongpla Nesen Project Manager and the UNDP Programme Support Unit to identify guidance and support requirements for the implementing partners, and establishing a knowledge repository with templates, guidance documents, and resources related to grants management for safe houses.
· Undertake capacity development sessions with successful grantees on the UNDP grants compliance framework to ensure all ongoing and new grants adhere to donor regulations and UNDP policies.
· Working with implementing partners to prepare and submit accurate and timely monthly progress reports, including financial reports, narrative reports, and any other required documentation.
· Travelling to safe house services to work with front line staff to document needs for future funding, operational costs.
This role is with the UNDP’s Gender Portfolio Experts and works closely with the Programme Support Unit. Individual Consultant will report to the Strongpla Meri, Strongpla Nesen Project Manager on deliverables that are outlined below;
· Develop a template for safe house managers to utilize as a reporting format for their annual operational costs, inclusive of staffing costs, operational needs and projected future needs.
· Develop a template for project-based proposal for safe house managers to use to apply for future funding rounds.
· Partner with CSOs identified by the project to develop a detailed annual operations plan and budget that outlines the financial requirements and human resource requirement for successful operations of the safe house service.
· Partner with CSOs identified by the project to develop project based proposals for future projects they wish to implement to utilize for future funding rounds.
· Provide technical expertise to existing safe house service grantees to assist in submitting their approved post program report at completion of the grant cycle.
· Provide a comprehensive report on how CSOs were supported throughout the consultancy, and how CSOs can be supported with grants management in future with learnings from current consultancy.
Period of assignment/services: 100 days over a period of 7 Months
Proposal should be submitted directly in the portal no later than indicated deadline.
Any request for clarification must be sent in writing via messaging functionality in the portal. UNDP will respond in writing including an explanation of the query without identifying the source of inquiry.
Please indicate whether you intend to submit a bid by creating a draft response without submitting directly in the system. This will enable the system to send notifications in case of amendments of the tender requirements.
Should you require further clarifications, kindly communicate using the messaging functionality in the system. Offers must be submitted directly in the system following this link: http://supplier.quantum.partneragencies.org using the profile you may have in the portal.
In case you have never registered before, you can register a profile using the registration link shared via the procurement notice and following the instructions in guides available in UNDP website: https://www.undp.org/procurement/business/resources-for-bidders.
Do not create a new profile if you already have one. Use the forgotten password feature in case you do not remember the password or the username from previous registration.