|Introduction : |
UNDP Bhutan would like to seek proposals from the national consulting firm to conduct a Targeted Assessment of the Environmental and Social Management Plan (ESMP)
The objectives of the assignment are listed below:
The objective is to ensure compliance with national environmental and social legislation, as well as with the UNDP’s Social and Environmental Standards (SES) and GEF Social and Environmental Policy in the context of the project’s operation. Further, it serves to identify social and environmental risks and impacts (positive and negative) and to design respective measures to prevent, reduce, mitigate, and/or offset/compensate (for) them.
To conduct three targeted assessments leading to the development of three corresponding Environment Social Management Plans for the three schemes in Punakha (Lobesa) and two in Tsirang (Mendrelgang and Segithang). The three schemes include the following:
- 1. At Sergithang, Tsirang: The Mudali/Lareychhu catchment will be tapped to provide irrigation water to Tashithang and Sergithang. It will include the establishment of intake channels and collection tanks at the source at located over Kharpani Khola; protection of the source; water pipeline will be built to supply water to new reservoirs at Bhulkay top and Tashithang Chiwog. Pipelines for distribution of water supply; irrigation channels will also be laid between the reservoir and destinations at Bhotay Kholcha, Dajay, Sathmolay Kholcha, Mokaray Dara, and Sathmulay.
- 2. At Mendrelgang, Tsirang: The existing water supply scheme that supplies drinking water and dryland irrigation for Patshaling, Barshong, Men-drelgang, Rangthangling, Tsholingkhar, and Kilkhorthang gewogs in Tsirang will be upgraded into an integrated system which serves both domestic and irrigation water from the Kucho Khola watershed. It will include the establishment of intake channels and collection tanks, and laying pipelines between the off-take points at the Kuchi-Khola source to the respective tail-end water distribution systems.
- 3. At Lobesa, Punakha: Establish a consolidated and reliable system for delivery of water domestic water from the Okalum source to the downstream beneficiaries in the Lovesa area. It will include climate-proof seventeen km of a main transmission line from the existing Okalum water source to a reservoir and Water Treatment Plant to be developed at Lobesa top; making the transmission line leakproof and efficient; improved augmentation of the distribution lines and enabling reduced water losses and efficient management of available water within communities in Toedpisa and Lobeysa in Barpisa gewog
· They should be done to ensure the socio-environmental sustainability including recommendations in line with best practices and standards set out in the ESMF and GAP are duly complied.
· Gender Analysis and action plan developed for the project mainstreamed across project implementation and in the ESMPs.
· Develop a consultation/stakeholder engagement plan by mapping the stakeholders as per their interest and influence and providing a stakeholder engagement process and robust Grievance Redressal Mechanism to be adopted for the project.
· Capacity building and training and sensitization for PMU, key stakeholders, and beneficiaries on SESP, ESMF, ESMP, Gender action plan
Please indicate whether you intend to submit a bid by creating a draft response without submitting it directly in the system. This will enable the system to send notifications in case of amendments to the tender requirements. Should you require further clarification, kindly communicate using the messaging functionality in the system. Offers must be submitted directly in the system following this link: http://supplier.quantum.partneragencies.org using the profile you may have in the portal. In case you have never registered before, you can register a profile using the registration link shared via the procurement notice and following the instructions in the guides available on the UNDP website: https://www.undp.org/procurement/business/resources-for-bidders. Do not create a new profile if you already have one. Use the forgotten password feature in case you do not remember the password or the username from the previous registration.
Search for the specific tender using search filters and subscribe to the tender in order to get notifications in case of amendments to the tender document. If you need support with the online system, you can contact the contact details of this tender as indicated in the solicitation document.
[UNDP OFFICE BHUTAN