|Introduction : |
Description of the Assignment:
UNDP Bangladesh is seeking the services of a National Consultant (Climate Finance Governance Expert) to enable the development of a comprehensive sector baseline report for 2-3 key sectors in Bangladesh for the project. A national consultant will be engaged to undertake sector baseline study at country level, conduct political economy analysis and develop a country strategy for the programme.
The overall objectives of this assignment are:
· The key objectives of the assignment are to:
- Undertake a sectoral baseline study for 2-3 sectors (in consultation with UNDP) in Bangladesh
- Develop a draft policy brief based on the sector baseline report for mainstreaming climate change in sector policies, planning and budgeting and innovative financing.
- Develop the country strategy to ensure country intended strategy contributes to the project design, objectives of implementation phase and how it will contribute to the climate finance landscape in the country.
- Conduct a Political Economy Analysis to unpack local political dynamics through the lenses of human rights, gender equality and climate change with a focus on UNDP’s past and ongoing programmes.
Period of assignment/services: 60 days over a period of 03 Months (October 2023 - December 2023)
Please note that this procurement process is being conducted through the new online tendering system of UNDP. Applicants who wish to submit a proposal must be registered in the system. Kindly register by visiting the link below and follow the instructions provided in the user guide in the document attached:
http://supplier.quantum.partneragencies.org/ using the profile you may have in the Quantum portal. In case you have never registered before, follow the Supplier Portal Registration Link to register a profile in the system. The Supplier User Guide has been uploaded to the following link. Do not create a new profile if you already have one. Use the forgotten password feature in case you do not remember the password or the username from the previous registration. The supplier webinar is now available at the following link: https://www.undp.org/procurement/business/resources-for-bidders. Please note that all required documents are found on the UNDP Quantum Platform under negotiation reference: UNDP-BGD-00265.
The URL to Quantum for opening vendor account is:
And after profile creation, the login link is: http://supplier.quantum.partneragencies.org
Interested experts with questions regarding the registration in Quantum should send them in writing to: email@example.com and copy the reference number in the subject line.
Please note, Proposals will not be received through email. If any applicant is registered in the system, any request for clarification must be sent in writing via messaging functionality in the portal. UNDP will respond in writing, including an explanation of the query without identifying the source of inquiry.
UNDP Bangladesh Procurement Unit