|Introduction : |
Country: Papua New Guinea
Description of the Assignment: The National Consultant will work closely with the international consultant to carry out the following tasks:
1. Collaborative Data Collection and Analysis:
· Assist the international consultant in conducting a baseline survey to assess the status of MSMEs in the blue and green economy across Papua New Guinea, with a specific focus on women-led enterprises.
· Support the collection and review of relevant literature, reports, and policy documents pertaining to MSMEs in the Blue and Green economy.
· Participate in stakeholder consultations with MSME owners, industry associations, government officials, and NGOs to identify challenges and opportunities faced by MSMEs in the Blue and Green economy.
· Collaborate in identifying gaps, challenges, best practices, and innovative approaches in the blue and green economy sector.
2. Inclusive and Gender-Responsive Policy Framework Development:
· Collaborate with the international consultant to develop an inclusive and gender-responsive policy framework to support the transition of MSMEs to the blue and green economy. This framework should emphasize access to financing, business development services, and technical assistance.
· Contribute to the identification of potential areas for investment in the blue and green economy and assess their potential economic, social, and environmental impact.
· Assist in formulating evidence-based and contextually appropriate recommendations to enhance policies and programs supporting MSMEs in the Blue and Green economy.
3. Green/Blue MSME Roadshow:
· Under the guidance of the Regional Policy Specialist for Blue Economy and the Technical Advisor (TA), assist in organizing and conducting workshops in Port Moresby and Kimbe.
· Collaborate with the international consultant in developing training materials for MSMEs, focusing on topics such as the blue/green economy, access to finance, technology, and market opportunities.
· Support awareness-raising campaigns targeting policymakers and MSMEs, highlighting the benefits of transitioning to the blue/green economy and the role of women's economic empowerment.
· Participate in the presentation of the inclusive and gender-responsive policy framework and guidelines for sustainable blue and green businesses to workshop participants.
Reporting of Duties:
· The consultant will report to the Regional Policy Specialist for Blue Economy, and the Technical Advisor for the Gutpela Solwara, Gutpela Bisnis project.
· The consultant will be expected to work closely with government and external partners, but any tasking and communication must be formally agreed in advance or through the Regional Policy Specialist for Blue Economy.
Period of assignment/services: 50 working days over a period of 4 months.
Proposals should be submitted directly to the portal no later than the indicated deadline.
Any request for clarification must be sent in writing via messaging functionality in the portal. UNDP will respond in writing including an explanation of the query without identifying the source of inquiry.
Please indicate whether you intend to submit a bid by creating a draft response without submitting it directly in the system. This will enable the system to send notifications in case of amendments to the tender requirements.
Should you require further clarification, kindly communicate using the messaging functionality in the system. Offers must be submitted directly in the system following this link: http://supplier.quantum.partneragencies.org using the profile you may have in the portal.
In case you have never registered before, you can register a profile using the registration link shared via the procurement notice and following the instructions in the guides available on the UNDP website: https://www.undp.org/procurement/business/resources-for-bidders.
Do not create a new profile if you already have one. Use the forgotten password feature in case you do not remember the password or the username from the previous registration.