|Introduction : |
Country: Papua New Guinea
Description of the Assignment: The National Consultant to will Coordinate project development and conduct a capacity needs assessment of implementing partners and ;
· Support the UNDP Country Office in Papua New Guinea in coordinating consultations and meetings both in-person and through hybrid meetings.
· Support the team of consultants in collecting data and information in the country, including where necessary meeting stakeholders in person to engage and gather data directly when not readily available online.
· Provide local context to technical discussions involving the team of international consultants.
· Conduct an Institutional Capacity Assessment for each of the Implementing and Responsible Partners on the SMART Climate project.
· The assessments should follow UNDP standard procedures and should cover elements of financial management, accounting and reporting, internal control systems, risk management, and compliance with UNDP rules and regulations.
· The report should identify capacity development needs for each institution.
· The specific implementation arrangements are still to be finalized, but will likely include the following institutions from PNG: Climate Change Development Authority (CCDA); National Weather Service (NWS); Conservation and Protection Development Authority (CEPA); Department of Agriculture and Livestock (DAL); National Disaster Centre (NDC); National Maritime Safety Authority (NMSA), and Department of Mineral Policy and Geo-Hazards Management (DMPGM).
Note: A project team mission will be held in Port Moresby at the onset of the project, tentatively planned for the week beginning 16 October 2023. All consultants (local and international) should avail themselves to join the mission. The mission will predominantly be based within Port Moresby, although site visits may be required for some of the team. The UNDP Country Office will manage all logistics for travel outside of Port Moresby.
Reporting of Duties:
The consultant will report primarily to the UNDP and the appointed officer from the CCDA, as well as other members of the Project Preparation Team, as appropriate.
Period of assignment/services: 40 working days over a period of 5 months.
Proposals should be submitted directly to the portal no later than the indicated deadline.
Any request for clarification must be sent in writing via messaging functionality in the portal. UNDP will respond in writing including an explanation of the query without identifying the source of inquiry.
Please indicate whether you intend to submit a bid by creating a draft response without submitting it directly in the system. This will enable the system to send notifications in case of amendments to the tender requirements.
Should you require further clarification, kindly communicate using the messaging functionality in the system. Offers must be submitted directly in the system following this link: http://supplier.quantum.partneragencies.org using the profile you may have in the portal.
In case you have never registered before, you can register a profile using the registration link shared via the procurement notice and following the instructions in the guides available on the UNDP website: https://www.undp.org/procurement/business/resources-for-bidders.
Do not create a new profile if you already have one. Use the forgotten password feature in case you do not remember the password or the username from the previous registration.