|Introduction : Country: Ukraine
Description of the Assignment: National Consultant on environmental damage assessment on sea pollution
Duty Station: Home-based
Period of assignment/services (if applicable): 4 months
Main objectives of the assignment: The overall goal of this assignment is to conduct a rapid and quality expert support to the development of recommendations on environmental damage assessment on sea pollution, considering the priorities for the State Environmental Inspectorate and the SOC, identify existing gaps and provide the conclusions and recommendations on the current international practices, coordinate the work on other project experts and adhere to the workplan of the project.
Scope of work:
The Consultant on environmental damage assessment on sea pollution will be responsible for conducting the following activities:
- Support the preparation of the expert ToRs and assure quality outcomes of the experts under the Coordination Center on Environmental Damage Assessment (later – CEDA);
- Analyze the existing legislation in environmental protection and assessment procedures, including requirements for the compensation and reparation processes of environmental damage and losses caused by Russian invasion;
- Promote the coordination and communication of the CEDA with stakeholders;
- Prepare project workplan and updates for the Project Manager in strengthening CEDA activities to achieve the expected outcomes for better environmental assessment, mitigation of the consequences for the environment;
- Prepare recommendations based on EU/international implementation approaches in environmental assessment and methodology;
- Participate in the events related to the above-mentioned activities and make presentations whenever required and communicate with other experts of the project;
- Provide reports on all undertakings as relevant.
To find the Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment, please visit the Negotiation Documents Section.
Proposal should be submitted directly in the portal no later than indicated deadline.
Any request for clarification must be sent in writing via messaging functionality in the portal. UNDP will respond in writing including an explanation of the query without identifying the source of inquiry.
Please indicate whether you intend to submit a bid by creating a draft response without submitting directly in the system. This will enable the system to send notifications in case of amendments of the tender requirements. Should you require further clarifications, kindly communicate using the messaging functionality in the system. Offers must be submitted directly in the system following this link: http://supplier.quantum.partneragencies.org using the profile you may have in the portal. In case you have never registered before, you can register a profile using the registration link shared via the procurement notice and following the instructions in guides available in UNDP website: https://www.undp.org/procurement/business/resources-for-bidders. Do not create a new profile if you already have one. Use the forgotten password feature in case you do not remember the password or the username from previous registration.
Localized guide for Supplier profile registration Quantum Supplier registration brief manual UA v.4.pdf (undp.org) (UA)
Localized guide for UNDP suppliers using the Quantum portal PowerPoint Presentation (undp.org) (UA)