|Introduction : Country: Ukraine
Description of the Assignment: National Consultant - Private Sector Livestock Value Chain Expert
Duty Station: Home-based, Ukraine
Period of assignment/services (if applicable): 3 months
Main objectives of the assignment:
- To coordinate the consultation process in partnership with relevant stakeholders, which encompass key players in agriculture sector in the Northern Ukraine landscape, to assess the present condition of the livestock sector in the project area, with particular attention to the impact of the ongoing war.
- To carry out a comprehensive assessment of the current conditions of the livestock sector in the project area, thorough examination of the sector's status, particularly considering the influence of the ongoing war.
- To present the findings from the assessment to specific audiences, with the goal of disseminating knowledge about the present condition of the livestock sector within the designated Northern Ukrainian landscape.
Scope of the Assignment:
The Private Sector Livestock Value Chain Expert is responsible for supporting the execution of project activities, and specifically, performing the assessment of the current situation in livestock sector of Northern Ukraine.
The Private Sector Livestock Value Chain Expert will:
- Carry out a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the current status of the livestock sector, including value chain aspects, within the Northern Ukraine Landscape (as defined per the project document). The analysis will be based on similar work conducted during the project development phase in 2019, but will provide an update of changes to the situation of the livestock sector in the previous four years, and in particular, with respect to changes catalyzed by the active war.
- Work under the Project Manager’s supervision, in close collaboration with the Lead National Technical Analyst and Local Technical Advisors.
- Organize consultations (whether online or offline) with project stakeholders from the livestock sector, including those listed in the project's stakeholder list (to be provided), but not limited to them.
- Actively participate in organizing of the webinar to present the main findings of assessment for specific audiences. Prepare the presentation in the ppt format.
To find the Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment, please visit the Negotiation Documents Section.
Proposal should be submitted directly in the portal no later than indicated deadline.
Any request for clarification must be sent in writing via messaging functionality in the portal. UNDP will respond in writing including an explanation of the query without identifying the source of inquiry.
Please indicate whether you intend to submit a bid by creating a draft response without submitting directly in the system. This will enable the system to send notifications in case of amendments of the tender requirements. Should you require further clarifications, kindly communicate using the messaging functionality in the system. Offers must be submitted directly in the system following this link: http://supplier.quantum.partneragencies.org using the profile you may have in the portal. In case you have never registered before, you can register a profile using the registration link shared via the procurement notice and following the instructions in guides available in UNDP website: https://www.undp.org/procurement/business/resources-for-bidders. Do not create a new profile if you already have one. Use the forgotten password feature in case you do not remember the password or the username from previous registration.
Localized guide for Supplier profile registration Quantum Supplier registration brief manual UA v.4.pdf (undp.org)
Localized guide for UNDP suppliers using the Quantum portal PowerPoint Presentation (undp.org) (UA)